Using ideas from movie / book 'x' (1 Viewer)

proletariat

HSC
Are we allowed to take the settings from a book or movie (say, Blade Runner / Do Androids dream of electric sheep?) and use it as our own settings?

(This is, just say the idea of the replicants)

Or would this be called "plagarism"? D:

LordPc

HSC
your MW is meant to be highly creative, and so using the context of another text would probably act against you in that regard

cant you just make up your own? you already have 2 texts there, go watch the first few eps of BSG, perhaps also watch Surrogates and create your own form of replicants. more original plus something to put into your RS. if you really want to go in depth with your research, you can have a look at the Replicators and Asurans from stargate

proletariat

HSC
your MW is meant to be highly creative, and so using the context of another text would probably act against you in that regard

cant you just make up your own? you already have 2 texts there, go watch the first few eps of BSG, perhaps also watch Surrogates and create your own form of replicants. more original plus something to put into your RS. if you really want to go in depth with your research, you can have a look at the Replicators and Asurans from stargate
lol well surrogates was my actual movie with those surrogates as the "androids" (just wanted to keep my idea to myself lol) but I've come up with a good concept. :D thank you guys. Seems the original ideas are generally the best lol

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
lol well surrogates was my actual movie with those surrogates as the "androids" (just wanted to keep my idea to myself lol) but I've come up with a good concept. :D thank you guys. Seems the original ideas are generally the best lol
I don't think revisionist texts are looked down upon. In fact, if done well, they can be highly creative. But, if you've got your own original concept so be it -- just try to log this down in your journal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)