USYD access card worth it? (1 Viewer)

Airstrike

HSC
Hey, I've been debating hard on whether it is worth to buy the access card
$99 - 1 year
Pros: clubs/societies, discounted food, discounts on and off campus
Cons: quite expensive for me, might not be using it a lot (bring food from home - since it's cheaper), might not have time to attend clubs

What do you guys think?

izzy88

HSC
Hey, I've been debating hard on whether it is worth to buy the access card
$99 - 1 year
Pros: clubs/societies, discounted food, discounts on and off campus
Cons: quite expensive for me, might not be using it a lot (bring food from home - since it's cheaper), might not have time to attend clubs

What do you guys think?
Well it's up to you, but for me personally, it's worth it for the clubs and societies. Joining a society or club is a great way of meeting people, and getting involved with university life. I've bought one every year (6 yrs) - in my early years at uni I joined quite a few clubs and societies, in the past couple I've just been involved with 1 club (but on the executive etc assisting to run it).

edit: you also usually get cheaper tickets to union run parties at manning etc. I don't go to these much anymore, but they were fun.

Last edited:

witide

HSC
I've bought it twice in the last four years. You can just as easily become an unofficial club member and still participate in activities. Just ask the club to put you on their mailing list. It doesn't cost them anything extra to include you, the only downside is you don't get the access discounts.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
I find it annoying that you have to have an ACCESS card to join clubs. But it really depends, I got it more for the subscription to the SMH and to be able to join clubs.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
You can always just try getting it this year and if it doesn't feel worth it, don't bother getting it in future.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
If you need anymore convincing, come talk to me (I'll be wearing a stupid hat and rainbow suspenders with a pink access shirt) and I'll even give you a couple of chupa chups

HSC
If you need anymore convincing, come talk to me (I'll be wearing a stupid hat and rainbow suspenders with a pink access shirt) and I'll even give you a couple of chupa chups
I'm going to bring a bag. Fill it up with chupa chups and no one will get hurt.

sinawi

HSC
There was an awesome guy today whos hand I shook really firmly, who was wearing a silly hat and handing out candy.

funstudy

HSC
I think it's worth it
a) some clubs require you have an access card to join
b) some events will be free for access members
c) discounts will probably eventually add up so it's worth it!

Meshy590

HSC
do we get the actual newspaper, or just the digital copy, or both?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
we have 20 000 redskins and another 20 000 chupa chups so please, take all you want
*Gasp* Red skins, chupa chups and cupcakes on Thursday - USU is the best ~ I wonder what goodies the new Access members get. We got speakers, a diary and pen etc. last year. :p

Aysce

HSC
*Gasp* Red skins, chupa chups and cupcakes on Thursday - USU is the best ~ I wonder what goodies the new Access members get. We got speakers, a diary and pen etc. last year. :p
It's a messenger bag, a bottle and something else. The bottle is pretty awesome though like it's a PROPER metal bottle and looks pretty sweet :)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
It's a messenger bag, a bottle and something else. The bottle is pretty awesome though like it's a PROPER metal bottle and looks pretty sweet :)
Oh man! I would have used that bottle - those speakers I got are gathering dust atm (actually I don't know where it is woops)

Sidekickk

HSC
Would that something else happen to be a condom? cos i got one in mine. not sure if there's bags with tampons for females..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)