USYD access card worth it? (1 Viewer)

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
we don't get goodie bags if we paid for a 3 year access card, do we? :( ah wells, i'll just grab some chupa chups :)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
Both if last year is to go by.
Nope. Only digital this year because that's all fairfax offered us. And it's not compulsory, you have to opt in for it and wait a couple of days for them to contact you with the details.

*Gasp* Red skins, chupa chups and cupcakes on Thursday - USU is the best ~ I wonder what goodies the new Access members get. We got speakers, a diary and pen etc. last year. :p
Diary, bottle, bag, condom, pen x2, deodorant, asos voucher, the iconic voucher, lots of advertising, sesame seed bars, i think I might've missed something

Oh man! I would have used that bottle - those speakers I got are gathering dust atm (actually I don't know where it is woops)
the speakers were terrible and of offensive quality. I liked the year they put in towels though

we don't get goodie bags if we paid for a 3 year access card, do we? :( ah wells, i'll just grab some chupa chups :)
YOU DO!!! You need to go down to manning to update your card and tell them there that you have the 3 year version, or if you go to the collection area for new members, I'm pretty sure they're able to just give you a bag :)

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Nope. Only digital this year because that's all fairfax offered us. And it's not compulsory, you have to opt in for it and wait a couple of days for them to contact you with the details.
I suppose Fairfax realised they were getting boned last year.

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I suppose Fairfax realised they were getting boned last year.
Apparently their whole business plan is moving to online as the print media becomes redundant. It's a shame though, I liked getting the paper delivered

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
YOU DO!!! You need to go down to manning to update your card and tell them there that you have the 3 year version, or if you go to the collection area for new members, I'm pretty sure they're able to just give you a bag :)
oh really? sweet :)

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
excuse my stuff in the background but this is it

pixelzz

HSC
if u eat at usyd, gym at usyd and do all that other stuff then its worth it. otherwise i dont think so

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I renewed my ACCESS during summer school. But I WANT A SHOWBAG OF CRAP TOO!!!! Maybe I should just wander down and grab one.

Hey regarding the new Student Cards, is the transport concession not a shiny sticker this time? Just a circle saying 2013 with transport concession and expiry date in really small print?

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I renewed my ACCESS during summer school. But I WANT A SHOWBAG OF CRAP TOO!!!! Maybe I should just wander down and grab one.

Hey regarding the new Student Cards, is the transport concession not a shiny sticker this time? Just a circle saying 2013 with transport concession and expiry date in really small print?
Yup, I got a gold sticker with 2013 at the bottom of it and then the expiration date underneath the sticker. :)

So wait, I have a 3-Year Access Card, do I have to renew that? :S

Add On: I want a 2013 USU goodie bag - I found my speakers that are brand new (with a few specs of dust) and willing to trade it for a diary. :D

Last edited:

JRock

Browncoat
HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
Yup, I got a gold sticker with 2013 at the bottom of it and then the expiration date underneath the sticker. :)

So wait, I have a 3-Year Access Card, do I have to renew that? :S

Add On: I want a 2013 USU goodie bag - I found my speakers that are brand new (with a few specs of dust) and willing to trade it for a diary. :D
But I has no sticker.... The circle is gold... but it's not a sticker??

Lol just turn up and demand a showbag!!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Sorry, should have said print-on but that is what I got too. :)

I paid >$200* for my card ~ alright, tomorrow I'll go in and ask politely for one and if not I'll just grab all the cupcakes and freebies I can to make up for it. :p

* It looks cheaper this year (the prices of Access)... :(

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
got access card! It was $99.
because it was your first time. It's $90 to renew, or you can get 3/4/5 year versions that get discounted by 25% because you're buying longterm upfront.

blahblahblaaah

HSC
awww man i have a 3 year access card but i didnt go to o week cause i didnt want to spend 10 bucks to just walk around and stuff. do i have to renew it? and would i get a bag full of goodies? i want one!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)