USYD B. Sci to UNSW Comm. (1 Viewer)

big_bang344

HSC
Hey guys,

I did my HSC in 2013 with an ATAR of 95.8 and chose a bachelor of science at the University of Sydney. I ended up hating it as science did not seem to intrigue me anymore and thus why i want to move to UNSW. But the thing is, the cut-off is 96.3 so I'm short by 0.5 ATAR points which means that UNSW will be looking at both my first year uni marks and my ATAR combined. Sadly, my uni marks are very bad, barely managing a pass for my WAM and so i was wondering what you guys think would be the chances of me getting into UNSW is? I do also have the EAS because i did attend a disadvantaged school (I just got the correspondence emailing letting me know after i submitted my application in September) but I'm really worried i won't be able to get in as I really don't want to be stuck with a bachelor of science at USYD.

Cheers :)

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
UNSW don't look at uni marks totalling less than 48 Credit points (equiv.)

Work hard in the rest of your units and PASS
Then you will have at least a semester of units behind you in any degree, maybe even just electives.
Don't waste your money by discontinuing now
and don't be a shit student
if you can't force yourself to study now then how will you later?
This semester just catch up; you have 2-3 weeks left, that's enough time to cram a full semester of stuff (and you only need 50% to pass)

I don't know why you found it necessary to post such a trivial thread and then bombard me with posts on my wall; I'm not exactly sparing time.

I got a GPA of ~4.5 at USyd BMedSc/BE; failed MATH1905 and still got into BMedSc at UNSW (94.5) and also MBBS at UWS (but UWS Med take your ATAR if you haven't finished your degree).
So, you'll be fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)