USyd comm on par with UNSW comm? pros and cons? (1 Viewer)

hovamagna

HSC
N/A
I know that there's been previous threads regarding this common debate. Though those threads are outdated, so if anyone can list some negatives and positives of both uni's it would give me a clearer picture

Thanks

pHyRe

HSC
doesnt make a difference. no employer is going to give a crap if you went to usyd over unsw or vice versa.

pick it on location, campus, social life and stuff that actually matters.

i have heard that unsw comm is a bit easier than usyd in terms of exams and marks but have nothing to back that up. what's the usual average for a 1st year course at unsw out of curiosity?

ADSpencer

HSC
N/A
For older people USyd bit more prestigious but both are good enough.

milkytea99

HSC
It doesn't really matter . Both usyd and unsw are good. Unless you're comparing with uws, acu or some random bad uni then it makes a difference lolZ

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon the primary advantage that unsw has over usyd are greater industry connections via societies

pHyRe

HSC
I reckon the primary advantage that unsw has over usyd are greater industry connections via societies
and the industry placement program.

new business building looks quite nice, have a look at it and the campus and then go to unsw and decide. overall, pretty much similar. location/campus/social life is more important than a tiny difference elsewhere

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I did extensive research on this topic as I was facing a similar situation and here's what I found:

USYD
Pros:
- More white people (good if you are white)

UNSW
Pros:
- More asians (if you are asian or like asians)
- Don't need to pay to join clubs
Solid response except for those two parts which is insufficient and/or racist.

The race of people attending universities should never be an aspect of deciding which universities to attend.

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Regarding timetabling at USYD, it's actually quite easy to manipulate. Just find out which classes you want to be in, and then block off all the other times on the timetabling system and you'll get what you wanted. Also there are evening classes at USYD (classes can finish as late as 8pm AFAIK). May not be the same as night classes, but still an option.

dwk72

HSC
Correct. USYD do offer night classes. You just have to register as a cadet.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Solid response except for those two parts which is insufficient and/or racist.

The race of people attending universities should never be an aspect of deciding which universities to attend.
Some people just rather fit in with their own race/and or prefer as such. It can definitely be an aspect, and I'm sure many have considered UNSW = Asians, USYD = whites thing, it's not racist it's just a fact that the population is skewed as such. I wouldn't base my decision on it, but some certainly can.

Not to mention the rich white kid networking opportunities thing is actually quite true lmao, but then again you got rich Asian kids at UNSW as well which are just as good networking. And I find just going to a top 20 school during HSC is already the easiest networking you could've done in your life by just attending and "knowing" the people in your grade and/or lower/higher grades.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)