USYD Pharmacy '09 Roll Call! (1 Viewer)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Correct me if I'm wrong but according to the handbook, your units of study are already set out for you so you don't have to need to do any selection.

nchoy

HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong but according to the handbook, your units of study are already set out for you so you don't have to need to do any selection.
I think just in case someone may transfer from other courses may have done some of the units, then they dony need to do them again.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Yep, I've seen them and downloaded them....but the mass of words and tables....my eyes are seeing swirls already...
Well first year there is

Human Biology
Chemistry A (Pharmacy)
Foundations of Pharmacy
Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences
Chemistry B (Pharmacy)
Molecular Biology and Genetics
(Intro)
Social Pharmacy
Physical Pharmaceutics

How many units (credit points) must we do in a semester? And if you do one subject....don't you miss out on another? And what if you do one subject and and don't like it...can you transfer/ switch subjects?

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Semester One: BIOL1003- Human Biology, CHEM1611- Chem A (Pharmacy), PHAR1811 - Foundations of Pharm, PHAR1812- Basic Pharmaceutical Sciences

Semester Two: CHEM1612- Chem B (Pharm), MBLG1001 - Molecular Bio and Genetics, PHAR1821- Social Pharm, PHAR1822 - Physical Pharmaceutics

= 48 cp.

HSC
why do you know so much about b pharm! huh?! huh?!
hahahaha looool i'm so confused. i'm going to get lost :(
except this time there won't be info booths everywhere to direct me!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
You do 24 credit points ( 4 UoS) per semester, 48 points in a year. So you do all four set out in the handbook for the first semester and all four for the second.

~Fire Jade~

HSC
Kujah, are you *sure* about what you're saying about the subjects? (In a morbid voice) This is a matter of life and death....
Hehehe. Lol. Jokes.
But are you definite? I'm trusting you on this.

nchoy

HSC
Kujah, are you *sure* about what you're saying about the subjects? (In a morbid voice) This is a matter of life and death....
Hehehe. Lol. Jokes.
I think he is absolutely right! ( I hope )

Kujah

HSC
N/A
why do you know so much about b pharm! huh?! huh?!
hahahaha looool i'm so confused. i'm going to get lost :(
except this time there won't be info booths everywhere to direct me!
Lol, cos I wanted to do Pharm beforehand but didn't do STAT, and a couple of my friends who are doing Pharm this year have also asked me about credit points :confused: Lol, I guess the good thing is that you won't be the only one lost :)

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Hehehe. Lol. Jokes.
Well, there are only 8 units of study (worth 6 credit points each) offered during first year and you HAVE to complete 48 credit points in a year, so its more than likely that you'll be doing all of them. You can always email the Pharm faculty for confirmation :)

~Fire Jade~

HSC
I read somewhere on USYD website about "subject selection" and that kinda knocked me out for a while...so I guess some students will be doing some subjects at a certain time and then they rotate....Oh, I see the light- for the time being!

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I read somewhere on USYD website about "subject selection" and that kinda knocked me out for a while...so I guess some students will be doing some subjects at a certain time and then they rotate....Oh, I see the light- for the time being!
Well, subject selection for Pharm is already set as opposed to say, an Arts or Science degree, where you have to choose your individual units of study depending on where you want to major in.

danz90

HSC
Kujah is 100% spot on. ;)
Shame your not coming to do BPharm with us.

m.incognito, the BBQ is on 25th feb which is part of the Faculty welcome. The Pharm faculty welcome is from 11.30am-1.30pm (Im pretty sure) which is basically an opportunity for you to start meeting other Pharm students. But I guess we've already got a good group going on here lol

berna007

HSC
yayyyyyyy i got into pharmacy at usyd too!!!!!!! :D :D :D
but im still confused LOL sorry...so we DONT have to choose our units on the day? and why do we need to take a credit card/eftpos with us? and what how do we clarify our adress? do we just take our lisence?

ahhhhhh *dies of excitement and anxiety* HAHA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)