• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

usyd "social life" (1 Viewer)

HSC
aditya said:
nah seriousli i wanna make a society? how do i do it :D

a society that is all for mad parties lol, thats it
can i be an honourary member when it starts........and if it doesnt we can still have the mad parties anyway.....

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
Oh the so familar Barker 'go team! yay!'...

But the girl i know is in the med and law building at baxter college. More people studying...:p less noise
why do u seem to know so much about barker? Eventhough you were rejected?

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
lukebennett said:
that probably would be the case at one of those colleges. st andrews i thin kis a bit more balanced with study and partying. id prefer a balance. much better for preparing yourself for "real world" time management, while still being a bit sheltered at the same time. it would be good for me cause i still live at home. itd be like a "half way house" for me.

you like the "go team! yay!" i thought you would :p
i just realised my cousin wouldve been in your grade at barker!! hahaha!

edit: sorry, its funny for me, i dunno why

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
1Time4thePpl said:
im pretty sure aditya wasnt asking about chess parties. his tone suggested otherwise. I have actually heard syd uni has the best social life, which is why I'm chosing it. No other uni's were listed in my pref's even though I live very close to UNSW.
Laugh at my interests if you wish but somehow I find drinking to be more entertaining than watching Super Giant Robots XX Raiders 2.
respect other people interests. I can see u getting drunk on half a chicks drink mate, so dont pay others out.

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
i just realised my cousin wouldve been in your grade at barker!! hahaha!

edit: sorry, its funny for me, i dunno why
who is your cousin?

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
spin spin sugar said:
hahaha, how funny, small world. i dont really know him at all hey, i think our families see each other once a yr or something. you probably know him better thn i do
i know him a bit. hes a bit quirky. some people find him a bit irritating while they like him for it. were in a similar circle of friends. but we arent really friends though.

hasterz

HSC
hey aditya ive seen you hovering in the actuarial section quite a lot and i thought you were gonna have a degree at mac ^^, whats with the change of mind ? :cool:

Jessisbored

HSC
Phanatical said:
Cumberland Campus is independent of the Union, so you can't join societies on main campus, unfortunately. That's not a problem though, they have quite a few societies of their own. It has its own bar over there, and a lot of health science students who are very, um... healthy.

you cant join the clubs if you are at cumberland? thats so unfair

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
It's not unfair, because the University of Sydney Union doesn't receive any student fees from the Cumberland campus. It means that the food on your campus is better quality and cheaper. It is less expensive for me to buy a meal at the Cumberland Campus as a non-member, than it is for me to buy a meal at the Main campus, or at the Conservatorium as a Union member - and the food at Cumberland, or at the Sydney College of the Arts is of far superior quality.

I should mention though that most Union societies are more than happy to take non-union members despite the Union thing.

berghousemaa

HSC
Just finished enrolment for Arts and oh my word whoever said the faculty of Arts was full of attractive women was spot on.
Mentioned this to my dad and he said that back in his day Arts was known as "matrimony 1" and I reckon this is a brillant name to describe the situation.

welshi

Clearly unemployed again.
HSC
berghousemaa said:
Just finished enrolment for Arts and oh my word whoever said the faculty of Arts was full of attractive women was spot on.
Mentioned this to my dad and he said that back in his day Arts was known as "matrimony 1" and I reckon this is a brillant name to describe the situation.
i don't know bout the rest of the arts girls but marriage isn't exactly what's on mymind oing into uni...

grk_styl

is hating uni & study
on the dance floor with a bottle of tequila
HSC
welshi said:
yes indeedy, i saw some spunks hanging round on monday... am looking forward to this year very much. :D
mmmm! me too! ;) but on tuesday!

lukebennett said:
im still waiting to hear from drews. ive been shortlisted so im hanging by a thread really :S
is that on campus accomodation? how come u got shortlisted?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)