Usyd Timetables :) (1 Viewer)

Ali95

HSC
N/A
I can't get my timetable, apparently I have a difficult clash. Will probably go to the Student Centre tomorrow before my exam to work it out - I'll be overseas for the semester break and literally get back the day before semester starts. Hopefully they can fix my problem!

antheung

HSC
N/A
Two units of study that I plan to do have clashes (a tutorial of one subject with a lecture of the other subject). I heard that it's possible to fill in a "clash form" or something. If the lecturers concerned approve of my application, does that allow me to do both subjects despite the clash? If so, would anyone please tell me what to do / how to apply to do both subjects?

Thanks!

madharris

HSC
N/A
I can't get my timetable, apparently I have a difficult clash. Will probably go to the Student Centre tomorrow before my exam to work it out - I'll be overseas for the semester break and literally get back the day before semester starts. Hopefully they can fix my problem!
Go early, or at least bring your notes or something!
The line takes forever. I went with a friend and we were in the line waiting to fix clashes for 1.5 hours

antheung

HSC
N/A
The line takes forever. I went with a friend and we were in the line waiting to fix clashes for 1.5 hours
If all the tutorials of one subject have a clash with the lectures of another subject, what can be done with the clash? Am I forced to skip the tutorial, or am I not even allowed to do BOTH subjects together?

madharris

HSC
N/A
If all the tutorials of one subject have a clash with the lectures of another subject, what can be done with the clash? Am I forced to skip the tutorial, or am I not even allowed to do BOTH subjects?
Not 100% sure, but you can probably just skip the lecture and watch it online or something (if they record it)

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
You are going to that afternoon lecture. :p

Can you move that Thursday class?

Edit: MadH, do you have clinical placements? I only see three classes. :S

Edit Edit: Too many peeps in the system I think ~ I just got cut off trying to narrow it down to four days.

Last edited:

Ali95

HSC
N/A
OK wow. Looks like I'll try to get there by 9am then. Hopefully I'll be fresh for my INGS exam in the afternoon!

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
OK wow. Looks like I'll try to get there by 9am then. Hopefully I'll be fresh for my INGS exam in the afternoon!
Just have everything ready. If you can figure out what class clashes with what create a draft timetable and ask the assistants kindly if they can follow a similar timetable. Difficult clashes usually mean a clash with compulsory classes or lectures that are only offered in that space of time. Also email your unit coordinators should it be a lecture if the notes are recorded.

Ali95

HSC
N/A
Just have everything ready. If you can figure out what class clashes with what create a draft timetable and ask the assistants kindly if they can follow a similar timetable. Difficult clashes usually mean a clash with compulsory classes or lectures that are only offered in that space of time. Also email your unit coordinators should it be a lecture if the notes are recorded.
I've more or less figured out what's going to clash. For Torts, there's two lecture stream options. The one on Monday clashes with my Italian tutorial, and then the lecture on Tuesday clashes halfway with my lecture for Intro to Political Science. So I'll essentially have to email the coordinator for the Political Science lecture and figure out whether the lecture is recorded or if I can get the notes. I have considered changing to other GOVT units but then it throws everything else out of whack. The nature of my degree is that I can't afford to play around with any subjects because I'll then be unable to satisfy the pre-reqs for the remainder of the degree.

madharris

HSC
N/A
You are going to that afternoon lecture. :p

Can you move that Thursday class?

Edit: MadH, do you have clinical placements? I only see three classes. :S

Edit Edit: Too many peeps in the system I think ~ I just got cut off trying to narrow it down to four days.
Naaa all the pracs for that subject are on thursday

Yeah I have placement in the july holidays

And I'm only have 3 subjects because I'm doing an online subject :)

Well 4 days is really good! :) I would be happy getting it from 5 --> 4

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
Server is not working for me.

Pretty certain I'm there for 5 days though.

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
I've more or less figured out what's going to clash. For Torts, there's two lecture stream options. The one on Monday clashes with my Italian tutorial, and then the lecture on Tuesday clashes halfway with my lecture for Intro to Political Science. So I'll essentially have to email the coordinator for the Political Science lecture and figure out whether the lecture is recorded or if I can get the notes. I have considered changing to other GOVT units but then it throws everything else out of whack. The nature of my degree is that I can't afford to play around with any subjects because I'll then be unable to satisfy the pre-reqs for the remainder of the degree.
Torts ~shudders: oh the memories~. If this is the case then it would be your Italian tutorial which may have to be moved to a different time slot.

Ali95

HSC
N/A
Torts ~shudders: oh the memories~. If this is the case then it would be your Italian tutorial which may have to be moved to a different time slot.
Haha hope Torts isn't too bad! In terms of the Italian tutorial, the nature of that subject is that there are a) only tutorials, and b) only one class. :(

passionxmusic

HSC
N/A
Naaa all the pracs for that subject are on thursday

Yeah I have placement in the july holidays

And I'm only have 3 subjects because I'm doing an online subject :)

Well 4 days is really good! :) I would be happy getting it from 5 --> 4
Don't know if I have four days officially yet since it cut me off. >~<" But I did manage to enrol into those classes. Gotta figure out how to get to Westmead Hospital from uni within the space of an hour (driving is not an option and can't park in Broadway since it's only two hours free). D:

Server is not working for me.

Pretty certain I'm there for 5 days though.
Server is down for everyone... :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)