USYD/ UTS/ UNSW for Software Engineering (1 Viewer)

RickyRicardo

HSC
So i’ll be finally graduating from highschool this year and it looks like it’s going to be one of these three unis for my course. I have been to both UTS and USYD for engineering youth programs and found that uts have better facilities and environment. I heard that UNSW is best for software engineering between the three but the travel duration to get there will be 3 hrs each day. If you attended any of the three for this course give me an overview of your experience and if you suffered from long travel times throughout your course was it worth it?

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
So i’ll be finally graduating from highschool this year and it looks like it’s going to be one of these three unis for my course. I have been to both UTS and USYD for engineering youth programs and found that uts have better facilities and environment. I heard that UNSW is best for software engineering between the three but the travel duration to get there will be 3 hrs each day. If you attended any of the three for this course give me an overview of your experience and if you suffered from long travel times throughout your course was it worth it?
Well the three unis are literally right beside each other. If your travel to Unsw is like 3 hours, your travel to UTS and Usyd is going to be at the most like half an hour less which is not a big difference. Either way lectures are uploaded online and you'll need to attend on the rare occasion for Math lectures or something where the lecturer might decide to use a blackboard(only 2 or 3 lecturers do this).

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Forgot the review. I study Computer Science but it's basically the same thing.

I have a long as travel time as well and yeah it tires you out but since all the lectures are uploaded online I only go one or two day a week and that's for my tutorials for Comp Sci. I don't even need to attend tutorials for non Comp Sci courses unless there's a scheduled midterm that day.

Experience of the uni itself for Comp Sci is great. The Professors are very knowledgeable and can teach really well. The tutors are all smart and know what they're talking about and can also teach very well. Haven't had one bad lecturer or tutor for any Comp sci course yet. The assignments are great fun and really open your eyes into the world of Computer Science.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)