USYD vs UNSW (1 Viewer)

Monstar

HSC
haha.

Go to UNSW if you wanna feel as if you've just immigrated to China. Otherwise come over to Macquarie for more of the asian sensation.

USYD law is pretty prestigous from what i hear. Some dude from my old high school was speaking pretty highly of it, that was prolly due to the fact he goes there..

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
nichhhole said:
Hmm thats interesting...
I had observed the complete opposite..
in terms of the law faculty at usyd i have always seen them to be stereotypically 'snobbier' than unsw...consideringthe long standing trad of law at usyd i found it more prestigious/pretentious..

i always thought of unsw to be the place for 99.95 Ruse kids to go to do commerce/engineering and conveniently combine it with law bc they didnt want to 'waste' their UAI..

I'd do the same thing.
That said i'm hoping to go to Usyd.
Actually most people I know from Ruse with 99.95 went to Usyd because they offered a mini scholarship (RE: bribe) to anyone who got over 99.90. That aside, the Ruse people who went to UNSW are like a disturbing mini cult. When I went there last year to visit some friends there were around 30 of them in a cafe in the med building, a few in their old Ruse jumpers.

phrred

HSC
Triangulum said:
Sydney's new law building will have park views, and a cafe and pedestrian plaza right outside. So in conclusion, choose Sydney.
yay we can watch people getting robbed in the park by seedy men!!!

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
phrred said:
yay we can watch people getting robbed in the park by seedy men!!!
like neighbours but IRL

Season

HSC
beentherdunthat said:
I want to go to UNSW, but I'm afraid that the atmosphere might be too 'nerdy', though I do get along with everyone anyway. What are your thoughts on the social life?
Can you escape a nerdy atmosphere with cut offs above 99?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
Season said:
usyd's full of full-free private school boys remember.. ;)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
i have not met one asian from a GPS school at usyd

a few from selective schools though

phrred

HSC
most of the asians from grammar in my year are at unsw for law. i think every single one of them is full fee

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
phrred said:
unsws full of full fee asian private school boys
nope, there are quite a number of CSP selective kids. albeit asian.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
don't you love that? in twenty years' time, the M&A and banking/finance depts of the big 6 will be teeming with asians... LOL

anyway, my malles interview today - wish me luck! ;)

Season

HSC
Frigid said:
don't you love that? in twenty years' time, the M&A and banking/finance depts of the big 6 will be teeming with asians... LOL

anyway, my malles interview today - wish me luck! ;)
Good luck :)

I'd amend Asian to immigrant kids... cos somehow in my head I don't see curries as Asian... plus some jewish kids... sheesh... talk about psycho parents, and the curries I know... yeah probably going to be running the country one of these days.

but all in all... I don't think (now you may take exception to this), that if you get 97... then you're automatically not a nerd... sure some people can pull it off but some part of my brain is still saying that if you get 97 you may be presenting with some nerd-like symptoms

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
neo o said:
When I went there last year to visit some friends there were around 30 of them in a cafe in the med building, a few in their old Ruse jumpers.
That is a tad worrying.

M@C D@DDY

HSC
Off topic a little...How have everyone's clerkship interviews been? How was the Mallesons interview Frigid?

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
M@C D@DDY said:
yeh i know...these firm's selection periods however are way too long...like October 13th before we find out about offers...You got more interviews to go next week?
yeah still three more to go.

Frigid

LLB (Hons)
HSC
N/A
M@C D@DDY said:
Off topic a little...How have everyone's clerkship interviews been? How was the Mallesons interview Frigid?
i thought it was okay... went into alot of detail about my CV.

plenty of guys i know got insane numbers of interviews.. and many high guys are already going to i-banks.

M@C D@DDY

HSC
yeh i know...these firm's selection periods however are way too long...like October 13th before we find out about offers...You got more interviews to go next week?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Season said:
Not all the people seem Nerdy, UNSW law seems pretty social, i spoke to heaps of law students and found them to be quite different than i originally perceived.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)