UTS 2015 Rollcall (1 Viewer)

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
In all honesty though some of the smaller clubs in the various unis are a bit of a joke.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It's true, I know one of the presidents that runs a smaller club who wastes all the club money on setting up parties each year or more "personal" events that are barely advertised and they cover it in a way that can be hard to convince the union they were doing it out of their personal agenda., it's a shame and really depends what kind of people run the club, mainly the president/vice/treasurer - in addition some of the smaller clubs have a boys club stigma around it where unless you know them they don't put much interest in you and just run the club themselves, for themselves.
The only way to tell is join an event before you sign up for a club, most clubs still do sign ups few weeks later or at their "welcome" event where you'll be able to get a feel/decide whether the club would be for you.
(Can't do much for some of the more compulsory clubs like business for commerce students where the networking and events are well-worth it either way), most of these problems tend to appear in the small or new clubs.

Ethicks

HSC
What is beyond me is I joined a club related to my degree and haven't actually got any emails from them or anything. Seems like you just throw money at them or rock up to one of their events where you don't know anyone which makes it completely awkward and I just wouldn't go.

Jamesrulez1

HSC
What is beyond me is I joined a club related to my degree and haven't actually got any emails from them or anything. Seems like you just throw money at them or rock up to one of their events where you don't know anyone which makes it completely awkward and I just wouldn't go.
Invite me to one of those events and I'll show you how easy it is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)