Uts accounting pre released exam (1 Viewer)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
I dont know how many of you guys roam this site, but just wondering if you wanted a discussion thread going here where we could talk about answers ( since were not alllowed to do this on the blackboard). I figure, since our marks arent getting compared to eachother, and no specific numbers of credits/d's/hd's/ are given out, why not help eachother out ? :D

HSC
hey. i agree, that would be useful, since i'm having a lot of difficulty on a question that should be so simple. and i've reworked my answers so many times i really don't know what i could be doing wrong :(

omgd.

HSC
N/A
hey. i agree, that would be useful, since i'm having a lot of difficulty on a question that should be so simple. and i've reworked my answers so many times i really don't know what i could be doing wrong :(
which question is this ? maybe ive done it ? im having trouble with the 4th theory one, about the article. that article makes no sense !!!
btw: how do you know ur answers wrong ??? :/

HSC
which question is this ? maybe ive done it ? im having trouble with the 4th theory one, about the article. that article makes no sense !!!
btw: how do you know ur answers wrong ??? :/
it's question 11. it's just an income statement and balance sheet, which i'm normally good at. but this one is tricky... i've reworked it three times and i can't see what i'm doing wrong. i know i'm wrong because i can't get my balance sheet to balance.

i hate question 4! even the title of the article is difficult to understand lol, i'm really hoping that's not the question. i've only made really basic points for the essays so far, since i'm better at that sort of thing than the financial statements.

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i'm also in this course but i haven't done much on accounting yet due to MPO eating my life and time. but i will be back =]

omgd.

HSC
N/A
it's question 11. it's just an income statement and balance sheet, which i'm normally good at. but this one is tricky... i've reworked it three times and i can't see what i'm doing wrong. i know i'm wrong because i can't get my balance sheet to balance.

i hate question 4! even the title of the article is difficult to understand lol, i'm really hoping that's not the question. i've only made really basic points for the essays so far, since i'm better at that sort of thing than the financial statements.
i was hoping i could get back to u on time, i gave my friend my answers on monday so she could double check with hers. havent been able to get ti back since ive been skipping uni all week. will finally have it tomorrow since i have to go in to hand in mpo, so hopelly well be able to help u outt then :)

omgd.

HSC
N/A
i'm also in this course but i haven't done much on accounting yet due to MPO eating my life and time. but i will be back =]
omgg. that thing is killing my life. i did it all last night, lol n just got my turnitin report back now. what question did u do ? i did the third onee. i wanna make some changes though and fix it up a bit more before i hadn it in, hopefully turnitin will get back to me on time tomorrow so i can hand in the new report to tutor.

HSC
i was hoping i could get back to u on time, i gave my friend my answers on monday so she could double check with hers. havent been able to get ti back since ive been skipping uni all week. will finally have it tomorrow since i have to go in to hand in mpo, so hopelly well be able to help u outt then :)
hey, thanks, i actually worked out what i did wrong though, it balances now. i've worked out most parts of the practical now, it's mainly just the theory questions i have to worry about. i'm a bit confused about the one about reporting lower or higher income though, cause TK said that it wasn't for tax reasons but i can't think of why else you would want your net profit to look lower than it actually is... think i'll google it lol.

omg the mpo essay. hate hate hated it. i swear my entire essay was irrelevant waffle lol, i did the 'is strong leadership good?' question. i hate the next set of essay questions.

omgd.

HSC
N/A
you guys i thought id share this incase you wanna double check your answers. its got some of the answers in here :)

UTS Accounting | Facebook

man accounting is gonna kill me . i hope i dont get kicked out if i fail :( i dont even want to do business, i just chose it because i had to combine something with law. shit scared now .

hope that link helps. n hope u get it before the exam :p

HSC
hmm, be careful of the answers they've posted. for question 9 they said 'checked by two people' but they have things that are clearly wrong, ie they've credited 'computers' which is supposed to be 'depreciation expense' in the journal entries (it's been fixed though, someone else pointed it out). the stuff on the theory was helpful though, so thanks for that :)

i'm sure you won't fail, even if you did they wouldn't kick you out, you'd just have to repeat the subject unless you have some kind of average you have to keep up...

i've done points for most of the theory questions as well now, so i'm almost all prepared, just need to read that article and then revise after eco.

any predictions on the exam questions? with all the questions on earnings management there has to be one on that topic in theory. for practical, question 7 seems too easy, question 8 only tests one area (adjusting entries) and question 12 doesn't seem to have enough content. i'm betting on 9, 10 or 11 as they all examine numerous areas. anyone else want to speculate (just for fun, not srs business)

sickk

HSC
journal article one for theory and Q8 for practical

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
can we collectively dismiss a few questions? i'm running out of time haha.

i don't think it will be question 1 because its stupid and simplistic and also because i didn't do anything for it

HSC
can we collectively dismiss a few questions? i'm running out of time haha.

i don't think it will be question 1 because its stupid and simplistic and also because i didn't do anything for it
haha, we can try but its pretty risky... i hope its not 1 as well. the ones i would dismiss are written above: 7, 8, 12. i'm sure they'll choose the questions which examine as many different areas of accounting they possibly can. i'd say definitely study earnings management, i don't see how we'll avoid a question on it (i just hope it's not 12, if it is i'm screwed) since so many of the theory questions discuss it.

HSC
exam tomorrow, just wanted to wish you guys luck in accounting - let's hope we all do well :)

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
regardless of what i predicted, God clearly hates me and gave me the questions i was least prepared for

HSC
regardless of what i predicted, God clearly hates me and gave me the questions i was least prepared for
don't worry, he hates me too. i was late for the exam, and while i only missed the 5 mins reading time and 5 mins writing, i was panicked and my essay was rushed and rambling. which is pretty gay because i did a shitload of preparation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)