UTS and UNSW for Biomedical Engineering?? (1 Viewer)

willewin

HSC
Hey people,

after getting my ATAR I was happy to know I could get into the Bachelor of Biomedical Engineering at UTS which is something I have always wanted to do

HOWEVER

I now realise that with bonus points I can also get into the B Engineering/M Biomedical Engineering degree at UNSW. What I want to know is, what is better in terms of future employment? considering that biomedical engineering isn't huge in Australia (at the moment)

Because I went to open days and have looked through booklets from both Unis and cant seem to decide which one I would enjoy more and benefit more from

- The UNSW degree is a combined degree so as I understand it I would get a certificate for both Bachelor of Mechatronic (for example) and a Masters in Biomedical Engineering which would possibly look better for future employers. And I could always just use the Bachelors degree for a non biomed job.

- Also I've heard that UNSW is a more prestigious university when it comes to Engineering, and they do have very good experience for their Biomedical degrees. (they do a lot of work on the bionic eye)

-- But UTS has their one year internship program thing and offers the diploma of Engineering practice at the end.

-- UTS is also a more practical based university as far as I understand.

-- UTS is also more practical in terms of travel arrangements for me.

They also both will take 5 years full time so that isn't a concern

Which of these do you think will be more beneficial?
I'm sure i'll be happy wherever I end up going but i just want some advice from all of you, so feel free to share your opinions
any help will be appreciated :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)