UTS B Design ATAR UAI cut-offs 2012 (1 Viewer)

msh

HSC
http://datasearch.uts.edu.au/dab/news-events/news-detail.cfm?ItemId=29545&ItemDate=2012-01-18

"[h=3]ATARs raised through strong demand for 2012 Design, Architecture
Evidence for the strong demand for Design, Architecture and Building bachelor’s degrees has arrived in the shape of higher ATARs for entry into all but one undergraduate course."
[/h]
During a time where many cut-offs have fallen due to increased spaces at universities, the design degrees at UTS still remains high and competitive to be accepted.

602010 B Design Architecture 94.05
602025 B Construction Project Mgmt 90.95
602035 B Design in Animation 87.15
602040 B Design in Fashion & Textiles 95.55
602050 B Design in Industrial Design 86.95
602060 B Design Interior & Sp Design 89.00
602065 B Design in Phgraphy&St Media 89.05
602070 B Design in Visual Comm 94.70
609258 B Dsgn Animation BA Int Stds 89.35
609260 B Design-Fash&Tex BA Int Stds 96.75
609270 B Design Industrial BAInt Stds 98.05
609280 B Design Interior BA Int Stds 96.70
609285 B Design Photo&SM BA Int Stds 97.40
609290 B Design Vis Comm BA Int Stds 95.50

Who received an offer this year?

Last edited:

skipp93

HSC
Yep I was offered and accepted a B Design-Fash&Tex BA Int Stds
Was so suprised!
Anyone else doing this course?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
As a non-recent school leaver I missed out on vis com :( Was told by a staff member that I didn't need to submit a portfolio because my ATAR of 99 would get me in, but I missed out. Turns out that only non-recent school leavers with portfolios were accepted.

Congratulations to all of you who did though! I wish I had applied there straight after school. Now I have to waste another year and wait to apply again in 2013.

msh

HSC
how could they reject someone with 99 ATAR? I thought you checked with the student admin about it. I'm sorry to hear, that's ridiculous!

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I did check, bah, the whole thing was really infuriating/disappointing. First of all yeah, a staff member told me that I'd be accepted in straight away with my ATAR so I didn't need to submit a portfolio. I found out later that that was not the case, but it was too late and they wouldn't allow me to submit a late one.

After I found out that I should have submitted a portfolio, and that now they would be basing my admission purely on my academic standing, I emailed them to ask whether it would be by ATAR or uni marks that they used. They emailed back saying that they'd take my "best qualification", thus my ATAR, but obviously I didn't even get past the first hurdle.

Anyway. It's ok. A bit of a blow, I was just really ready to start it this year and I don't want to waste another. Bah. Never mind. ATARs don't mean anything after first year.

rebeka94

HSC
Hey, I'd like to transfer from to a B Construction Project Mgmt at UTS. I'm going to be studying a B Arts in Media at Macquarie Uni. What type of GPA do I need to transfer?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
We're probably not the best people to answer your question on this thread, though I saw you also made a thread in the 'Transfers' forum, which is good.

Here is a link to the admission guidelines, though I'm sure you've seen it and it doesn't specify the GPA. I would suggest calling the Student Administration staff and hearing what they say. Ask what non-recent school leavers have needed in the past to transfer. (Though perhaps call a few times, confirm it with a few people... my fatal mistake. Yes I'm still bitter.) And then even then, still try your best to get good grades this year. Even if they say something like "you need a credit average to be considered for transfer," try to aim one step above, so you won't be disappointed. I assume it's not an overly popular degree though, so you should be ok.

And good luck, I hope you're successful next year.

Alx2

HSC
did u get the 96.75 ? or is this atar cut off for year 12 of 2012 ?

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey, I'd like to transfer from to a B Construction Project Mgmt at UTS. I'm going to be studying a B Arts in Media at Macquarie Uni. What type of GPA do I need to transfer?
If you wanted to do arch and wanna transfer why don't you look at transferring into B Design Arch?

rebeka94

HSC
We're probably not the best people to answer your question on this thread, though I saw you also made a thread in the 'Transfers' forum, which is good.

Here is a link to the admission guidelines, though I'm sure you've seen it and it doesn't specify the GPA. I would suggest calling the Student Administration staff and hearing what they say. Ask what non-recent school leavers have needed in the past to transfer. (Though perhaps call a few times, confirm it with a few people... my fatal mistake. Yes I'm still bitter.) And then even then, still try your best to get good grades this year. Even if they say something like "you need a credit average to be considered for transfer," try to aim one step above, so you won't be disappointed. I assume it's not an overly popular degree though, so you should be ok.

And good luck, I hope you're successful next year.
Okay, I'll give them a call, thanks for the advice :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)