UTS Bachelor of Accounting (Co-operative Scholarship) 2018 (1 Viewer)

Prouille24

HSC
Hi BoSers!

With cadetship and scholarship applications opening up soon, I feel like its a good time to think about your university options after the HSC.

I'm pleased to announce that the UTS Bachelor of Accounting (Co-operative Scholarship) Program, or BAcc, for short, has now opened applications for its 2018 intake

http://www.bachelorofaccounting.com/

This is a comprehnsive scholarship program aimed at high-achieving Year 12 students who are interested in pursuing a future career in business

As a current second-year BAcc, I'm here to provide as much information about BAcc, and answer any questions that you may have about the program, or the university itself.

Firstly, I would like to advise that you browse the current, and past, cadetship and BAcc threads on here, as they provide a wealth of insight from both students, past and present, as well as industry professionals who can provide you with an accurate insight into the numerous options available to students after the HSC. During Year 12, I was always on here searching for my dream course that would match my career aspirations.

What is BAcc?

BAcc is a 3 year business degree, but also allows you the opportunity to undertake 2 six-month, full-time, industry placements at one of our 27 sponsor organisations. The industry of these companies range from accounting, banking, insurance, property, FMCG, insolvency and even forensics! Thus, BAcc will enable you to have the opportunity to experience a years worth of work experience split between 2 of Australia's most highly sought after companies.

Additionally, BAcc holds a number of networking and social events throughout the year, where you will have the opportunity to become a tightly-knit group of future professionals and interact with professionals from a number of the sponsor companies. Other events such as company presentations, site visits, careers fairs and awards evenings will allow you to gain an insight into accounting and business, by networking with industry professionals and leaders.

In financial terms, you will also receive a $51,000 tax-free scholarship, over the life of your degree, paid fortnightly! This works out to be $17,000 per year. Also, as a testament to the strength of the program and its hard-working students, there has been a historic graduate employment rate of 95% with students earning a starting salary of $60,000 plus.

Furthermore, there is the flexibility to tailor the BAcc course to your own specific interests by choosing either a 2nd major (since the Accounting major is compulsory), 2 sub-majors or even a sub-major with electives and the opportunity to go on a 6 month exchange to a number of countries across the world in your 3rd year of the course.

Why did I choose BAcc?

Ultimately, this question will vary for everyone, and you will have the opportunity to hear from other students by attending our Information Evening on Tuesday 16th of May at UTS, which you can book through the Bachelor of Accounting website below.
For me, however, it came back to the amazing tight-knit cohort of approximately 30-35 BAcc students, the amazing internship opportunities and of course, the scholarship.

Having been in the program for just over a year, I can say that getting into the Bachelor of Accounting Course at UTS was easily one of the best moments of my life and I have not looked back since being accepted.

I was also fortunate enough to have my 1st placement at a leading global financial services firm in the financial reporting team, which I immensely enjoyed, as I felt a strong sense of purpose coming into work everyday and was given meaningful tasks during my time there. The structure of BAcc and its industry reputation for producing high-quality young professionals allowed me to interact with senior management and make a difference within the team, and ultimately, my organisation. My technical proficiency as well as my personal skills improved significantly during my internship.

Upon reading all this information about BAcc, I hope you are as excited as I am about the course. I high recommend that you all apply for it as it is truly an opportunity that you can't miss. I didn't think that I would get into the course when I applied for it but I was lucky enough to be accepted and I've enjoyed every minute of it

Key Dates:

Friday 3 March 2017 : BAcc applications open
Tuesday 16 May 2017 : BAcc Information Evening
Friday 2 June 2017: Round 1 applications close
Friday 20 October 2017: Round 2 applications close

Key Links:

BAcc Website:
http://www.bachelorofaccounting.com/

BAcc Information Evening Registration:
https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/uts...ormation-evening-tickets-22143860884?aff=eac2

BAcc 2017 Thread:
Bachelor of Accounting (Co-op) 2017
http://community.boredofstudies.org...057/uts-bachelor-accounting-co-op-2017-a.html

If you have any questions regarding BAcc directly, please post on here.
If there are any other cadetship/co-op queries, feel free to either PM me, or post in the cadetship thread, where you'll receive plenty of help from others on here.

Last edited:

WildestDreams

HSC
Hi, may I know what other Co op scholarships are available from UTS and when they will be available? Will you be posting them here?

Prouille24

HSC
Hi WildestDreams, I will only be posting about the Accounting Co-op scholarship on this post. However, I know that there is a similar scholarship but for IT at UTS, so you should look at the UTS course handbook, if that is something that interests you.

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
Hi WildestDreams, I will only be posting about the Accounting Co-op scholarship on this post. However, I know that there is a similar scholarship but for IT at UTS, so you should look at the UTS course handbook, if that is something that interests you.
If anyone has questions about the Bachelor of Information Technology Co-op scholarship feel free to PM Me. I'm an ex BIT that discontinued to pursue a better opportunity.

Fwb

HSC
N/A
Can NZ Citizens who are studying in nsw apply?

Prouille24

HSC
What is the purpose of going to the Information Evening? What is the turnout rate and the dress code? Thanks!
The purpose of going to the BAcc Information Evening is to meet current students, graduates, sponsors, and staff of this elite program to gain a better insight into what the course actually entails.
This will enable you to get a 1st hand perspective from a number of different students who are completing this course and all the skills and experience that they have gained from it as well as to hear from recruiters as to why they value BAcc graduates so highly.
There has always been a very good turnout rate from prospective students and there was about 50-100 students last year.
Also, it is preferred that students wear their school uniform to the Info Evening.
Please see the below link for further information.

https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/uts-...60884?aff=eac2

aidan059

HSC
A few questions..

How many apply and how many get in?
Does a high ATAR guarantee entry?
What do you guys look for, asides from the typical "why are you interested in accounting?"
Finally, do you choose what sponsor you work with?

Prouille24

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just a quick note that the BAcc Information Evening is coming up soon on Tuesday 16th May 2017 and is a great way to meet current students and staff to find out more about what you can get from the course. Also, the applications for Round 1 are closing in less than a month on Friday 2nd June 2017 so don't forget to apply because it will be one of the best decisions you make for your future career.

Cheers.

Prouille24

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just a quick note, the 2nd round of applications for the Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship Program for 2018 closes on Friday 20th October, so make sure that you get your applications in before the deadline. The interviews are to be held in November and are structured like an assessment centre which involves a group activity followed by an interview with 2 sponsor companies.The program has been an amazing experience from the start and we were even lucky enough to be sponsored to travel to Jakarta for 9 days to experience how business is conducted in Indonesia.

Kind regards.

shura_17

HSC
Hey everyone,

Just a quick note, the 2nd round of applications for the Bachelor of Accounting Scholarship Program for 2018 closes on Friday 20th October, so make sure that you get your applications in before the deadline. The interviews are to be held in November and are structured like an assessment centre which involves a group activity followed by an interview with 2 sponsor companies.The program has been an amazing experience from the start and we were even lucky enough to be sponsored to travel to Jakarta for 9 days to experience how business is conducted in Indonesia.

Kind regards.
Hey, I was just wondering about the scholarship entry requirements, if a applicant was to achieve an 85 ATAR would that still be suitable for selection? And if not, does the scholarship recognise EAS (education access scheme) and/ or SRS (schools recommendation scheme) bonus points? thank you.

Prouille24

HSC
Hey, the ATAR requirement is reasonably loose and as long as you are achieving around 85+, you still have a decent chance of getting in, particularly if you have strong co-curricula and interpersonal skills. Also, they may take EAS and SRS into consideration when choosing applicants but there are no bonus points available when applying to this course. Message me if you need any further information :)

Amiao

HSC
N/A
Hi,

I recieved a conditional offer from UTS. I just had a few questions:
1. Roughly what ATAR would I have to achieve to be offered a spot given that I have recieved a conditional offer
2. Are there many opportunities to study/intern abroad e.g. the trip to Jakata? Will this be available in 2019?

Cheers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)