UTS Bridging Courses (1 Viewer)

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
Has anyone here done any bridging courses at UTS? I was just looking at it now. Few things like where it's at and when and the $300 fee if you're not enrolled in an undergraduate course at UTS blah blah blah. My question is directed at anyone who has done bridging courses at UTS. Was it really worth it? Did it help? (I mean in the 10-11 days they provide the course for). I don't know, I was just wanted some insight into these courses and what they're like. I'm thinking of enrolling for Maths.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Here's the link: http://www.science.uts.edu.au/courses/maths2.html

(I'm assuming you've already seen it, you should call them up to ask for the $300 fee if you're not a student of UTS)

I didn't do one, but my friends who did found it sort of useful, it's a bit of a rush through the whole prelim/hsc course at a very fast pace, but they said it did help them grasp some concepts which helped.

simplyyme

HSC
I didn't do the maths one, but I did do the chemistry one. It was very helpful
imo, gave me a little kick start when I had to do chemistry 1 when I started because I knew how to do like the first 3 or 4 weeks worth of lectures.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
im enrolling for maths too (2 unit), the night sessions... wbu?
I enrolled for maths (2u), the morning sessions. But since the UTS news bulletin says uni starts on the 13th of Feb, the bridging course will clash with my timetable so I may switch to night sessions (even though I have a tutorial that finishes at 6pm). Which course are you doing?

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
What?

Uni starts 27th feb?
Yeah I know someone who's going to UNSW and said they start Feb 27. I always thought uni would start in late feb / early march but then I saw this.

UTS 2012 start.PNG

According to that, I start on the 9th of Feb (Bridging courses are from 7-17 of February). I probably have something wrong then idk.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You sure that isn't O-Week details, it lasts for 2 weeks starting the 13th or something.

I'm 99.9% sure uni starts 27th

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
I'm 99.9% sure uni starts 27th
Yep thats when official classes start I'm pretty sure too. Also it sais when your first lecture is on the timetable anyway.
e.g. mine says 26134 is from 28th/2 - 10th/4.

Which course are you doing?
Im doing B. Business :) you?

Im doing the night math courses because some of the o-week lectures are on during the day for the second week of the bridging course and i want to go to those so yeah, night time sessions it is.

iLazy

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep thats when official classes start I'm pretty sure too. Also it sais when your first lecture is on the timetable anyway.
e.g. mine says 26134 is from 28th/2 - 10th/4.

Im doing B. Business :) you?

Im doing the night math courses because some of the o-week lectures are on during the day for the second week of the bridging course and i want to go to those so yeah, night time sessions it is.
Oh right I didn't notice that it said it on the timetable. Just saw mine, first lecture 27/2 - 9/4, 30/4 - 4/6. Umm what are the o-week lectures? I'm doing B Design in Architecture :D

erespall

Pirate Lord.. Arrr
HSC
Oh right I didn't notice that it said it on the timetable. Just saw mine, first lecture 27/2 - 9/4, 30/4 - 4/6. Umm what are the o-week lectures? I'm doing B Design in Architecture :D
Nice, my friend is trying to get into that too but has to transfer from industrial design..

anyway o-week is 13th-24th of feb. http://www.orientation.uts.edu.au/ info here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)