UTS Business V UNSW Commerce (for a cadetship) (1 Viewer)

3li

HSC
N/A
Haha you must have something up your sleeve!

But I'm guessing its the fact you had early finance experience up front that helped you leverage your CV and get those bulge bracket offers.

Somebody coming from a different background like the OP in this thread who is doing a cadetship won't have that finance experience, just accounting experience... hence there would probably be more emphasis on the academia.

Plus being a cadet it's unlikely that they'll have much time to brush up their CV with any extra-curriculars, again placing more weight on their education.

And also... i'm not saying its impossible.. you're living proof of that... but somebody who wanted to get themself in the best possible position wouldn't be doing themselves any favours taking UTS.
haha im not spesh - made the right decisions at the right times - im sure ud id too - good work.

to OP just go with the flow and explore ur opportunities, no one size fit all approach. ur heaps young enjoy uni first and foremost

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
For stuff like acct or finance, I dont believe there is much difference between UTS and other unis. Pick UTS if you think convenience is important. I'm sure the education standard will be fine.

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yes. If you pick UTS/Macq/UNSW/USyd, you will be fine. Study hard, get good marks, get involved with extra curriculars, and most importantly, enjoy uni. Do most of these and you'll end up with a good job and a good experience.

HSC
Have you taken into account what you want to do after your cadetship? Do you want to work in a foreign country?
I've always wanted the opportunity to work in Asia and I've talked to a couple of people who currently work there, and they tell me which University you go to really matters. People overseas know about UNSW because it's prestigious, but it isn't the same story for UTS.
I don't think prestige matters that much if you're only planning to stay in the country :/

It's just my opinion.

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Have you taken into account what you want to do after your cadetship? Do you want to work in a foreign country?
I've always wanted the opportunity to work in Asia and I've talked to a couple of people who currently work there, and they tell me which University you go to really matters. People overseas know about UNSW because it's prestigious, but it isn't the same story for UTS.
I don't think prestige matters that much if you're only planning to stay in the country :/

It's just my opinion.
Then work abroad via transfer through a multi-national?

Much easier then heading into the same jobs market as the locals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)