UTS COOP Accounting Program (1 Viewer)

sighm0an

teh_pwnage
HSC
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can give me any info about the UTS accounting scholarship program? Like what happens during the 3 yr course. Company recognition of the program or even how uni life is at UTS? ANy info would be great ^^

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
If you've already done the HSC I think you're a tad late to apply since I think they've already done interviews (but I could be wrong- I didn't apply)...

But there's info on the net- check out their website... That's where we were told to look after they came to our school to promote it.

mr_shittles

Big Chief
HSC
Try their website:

www.business.uts.edu.au/bofacc/

I do the acccounting Co-op at UNSW, and my friends that do it in UTS describe pretty much the same thing. You go out and do Industry Training in six-month blocks, where you get posted to a company and they make you complete accounting tasks, and in many cases, there's a project for you to do. You then get an assessment/feedback from from the company, outling your performance, areas for improvement, value of your work, etc.

Last edited:

mashi

Elite
HSC
UTS Accounting Co-op is the best thing you can do if you want a career in accounting.

I've met many, many individuals in high positions within many large corporate firms who are alumni of the UTS B.Acc program or know about it/approve it. You'd be surprised.

That is the main reason why they have so many great sponsors that no other scholarship program in australia can compare with.

And this is coming from a UNSW Co op Scholar.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
Yeah, BAcc has the best sponsors - many in Financial Services.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
mashi said:
That is the main reason why they have so many great sponsors that no other scholarship program in australia can compare with.

And this is coming from a UNSW Co op Scholar.
Definitely a list to boast about =] When they presented at our school I remember thinking "wow"- but then after getting a cadetship offer, I decided to accept that and not pursue a coop- it's rather selfish to potentially take up a spot with no real interest when there are people out there who really want the coop; and then there's also the time wasting of the people involved.

... and despite how that sounds- no I'm not making a dig at my peers.

mashi

Elite
HSC
No offence Seremify but please tell me you accepted a cadetship at a big 4 accounting firm or one of the more prestigious investment houses (don';t think they do 'cadetships' per se) instead of B.ACC?

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yes I accepted a cadetship at Big4, maybe I'm missing something but were you saying something offensive? I didn't pursue B.Acc as I had my cadetship offer, and didn't see any need to change because I was more than happy with what I had, and even if offered a coop, I also thought I would probably prefer the cadetship program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)