UTS engineering (1 Viewer)

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Sorry to jack this thread.
My timetable says that 48310_AUT_U_1_S Cmp1, 02 & 48310_AUT_U_1_S Tut1, 02, run at the same time. Is this normal?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Sorry to jack this thread.
My timetable says that 48310_AUT_U_1_S Cmp1, 02 & 48310_AUT_U_1_S Tut1, 02, run at the same time. Is this normal?
Maybe. Either you havent set up your time table correctly or they run on alternate weeks. The site probably wouldnt have let you select both of them if they ran on same weeks so i'd say they run on different weeks.

Yea should be all sorted now, just one last question. How many subjects am i suppose to enroll in in a semester? Atm I've got 5, Integrating Business Perspectives, Mathematical Modelling 1, Engineering Communication, Introduction to Civil, and Physical Modelling. Seems like a lot is it possible to do 4?
4. Do IBP in semester two as suggested in the course planner. Tbh, IBP and Eng Comm are fairly similiar subjects - unnecesary textbooks which you should NOT buy, useless lectures with content which is not tested (thank god eng comm lectures end week 3 and you are supposed to watch them online afterwards), 3 hour tute/workshop things, a huge group project which is kind of relevant to the course it's for in theory, either no final or the final is a joke. Plus you learn about referencing and do personality tests etc. in both. You probably don't want to do both of them at the same time tbh but they dont take up much time really.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Yep that's fine - no clashes there. Fourth row of the box is the dates it runs. You have tutes for the first 3 weeks and then comp labs after that.

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Yep that's fine - no clashes there. Fourth row of the box is the dates it runs. You have tutes for the first 3 weeks and then comp labs after that.
Sweet, i suspected that those were dates :) Thanks

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Also, just saying, unfortunate time table =( I had four days a week for my first semester (no business subjects) last year - Intro to ICT has much less classes and stuff then intro to civil but that still doesn't explain it completely. I'm sure my civil friends had four days, Engineering Communication lectures pretty much end after week 2, after that i managed to squeeze stuff into one of my days and got 3 days a week at the cost of 9 hours straight one day haha.

andrewlol

HSC
Damn it doesn't let me withdraw from IBP when i click withdraw subjects only the other subjects pop up, reckon it's a bug? If not which other subject should i withdraw from instead?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
It should be a bug lol. You have ages to unenrol anyway - cant fail or get charged for subjects until the census date which is at like the end of march (there'll be plenty of notice).

lee337

HSC
Uni Grad
Also, just saying, unfortunate time table =( I had four days a week for my first semester (no business subjects) last year - Intro to ICT has much less classes and stuff then intro to civil but that still doesn't explain it completely. I'm sure my civil friends had four days, Engineering Communication lectures pretty much end after week 2, after that i managed to squeeze stuff into one of my days and got 3 days a week at the cost of 9 hours straight one day haha.
Sounds like this...Dattable.png

Last edited:

andrewlol

HSC
oh alright, so should i just not put the IPB lec and tut on my timetable and withdraw from it at the campus?

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
oh alright, so should i just not put the IPB lec and tut on my timetable and withdraw from it at the campus?
Just keep them there for now if you already selected times, and try again later. Then if you still cant just talk to the student centre on campus.

andrewlol

HSC
Got it fixed with erequest, they also told me to enroll in spring semester subjects. What subjects should i enroll in? So i don't make another mistake hahaha

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Depends on your major, its all on the site. You'll want Mathematical Modelling 2 and IBP though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)