UTS Enrolment and HECS HELP (1 Viewer)

Qualona

HSC
Hi!
i was wondering if someone could just explain something to me about enrolment coz im a bit confused.

i received and offer from UTS for B of arts in Architecture, and i accepted and ive got my UTS webmail, and student admin and ID and stuff like that. and i also said to enrol on the 8th of February. So now i need to do a eCAF thing, to apply for HECS HELP, but i dont have a Tax File number. so i have to wait about a month or something to get one.
so when i go to enrolment, do i need to take a document showing ive done the eCAF (coz i cant) or can i just go along and enrol, and then do the eCAF after. and also, it says if u dont submit the HECS HELP form, that your place will have to be ignored and u will be rejected. so does anybody know the date that i have to do the eCAF by, so i dont miss out on a place? and also, once ive done the eCAF, and theve sent me a acceptance email that its completed do i have to take it back to UTS to show them?

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
You will have to get your HECS HELP form/eCAF form approved before you are able to enrol into any subjects. I'm not quite sure what date UTS starts ignoring students places because they haven't filled in a HECS/eCAF form, but the census date (31 March 2008) is normally the date in which you have to provide your TFN for deferring fees to HECS. Inform the student centre of your situation, and they maybe able the fill you in on due dates.

http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/contact.html

Qualona

HSC
thanx for the help!
but does that mean that i cant go to the enrolment day on the 8th? the next (and last) enrolment date is on the 21st, but what if i dont have my approved eCAF by then?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
I think it says an application for tax file number is sufficient somewhere, I skipped over it because I already have one.

:/

Cythen

HSC
Under Study Plan, my course status is still set to "Offered" even though I've already accepted it. Is this normal? (just being a bit paranoid here)

I just finished filling out my CAF but it hasn't been approved yet.

Jerruy

HSC
Anyone know the date by which I have to do the CAF by?

truper

HSC
Are we supposed to draft our timetable as well? I heard students from UNSW and MaqU already had their timetables made...

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
truper said:
Are we supposed to draft our timetable as well? I heard students from UNSW and MaqU already had their timetables made...
Yeah I'm tripping out about that, but the letter we get from UTS in a day or two should sort everything out. (We do get a letter I presume, given what past students have posted.)

I know way to many UNSW asians.

krayzie_

HSC
Well when you accepted your offer there should of been something that told you to book an enrollment day. On this enrollment day you will get your SID as well as meet some faculty members and be given sheets of paper and told to sit down in the computer lab and start enrolling yourself.

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
i've been trying to find the CAF forms everywhere, i had the link once but then i lost it for some reason
and i don't have a tax file number
urgh

truper

HSC
Azamakumar said:
Yeah I'm tripping out about that, but the letter we get from UTS in a day or two should sort everything out. (We do get a letter I presume, given what past students have posted.)
At least our "enrollment" (or whatever you call it) was real simple.

krayzie_ said:
Well when you accepted your offer there should of been something that told you to book an enrollment day. On this enrollment day you will get your SID as well as meet some faculty members and be given sheets of paper and told to sit down in the computer lab and start enrolling yourself.
Cool. Way better than what UNSW is making their students to do. Does SID mean student ID? If it's the eight-digit code, we have that already along with our UTS email addresses.

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
ahen said:
i've been trying to find the CAF forms everywhere, i had the link once but then i lost it for some reason
and i don't have a tax file number
urgh
You should get your TFN asap.

https://onestopadmin.uts.edu.au/t1tbmain.asp

truper said:
Cool. Way better than what UNSW is making their students to do. Does SID mean student ID? If it's the eight-digit code, we have that already along with our UTS email addresses.
SID is student ID. It is pretty much the first thing you get on the Start@UTS website. The SID cards are done on enrollment day (photo taken and printed on the spot).

Last edited:

truper

HSC
Qualona said:
Hi!
i was wondering if someone could just explain something to me about enrolment coz im a bit confused.

i received and offer from UTS for B of arts in Architecture, and i accepted and ive got my UTS webmail, and student admin and ID and stuff like that. and i also said to enrol on the 8th of February. So now i need to do a eCAF thing, to apply for HECS HELP, but i dont have a Tax File number. so i have to wait about a month or something to get one.
so when i go to enrolment, do i need to take a document showing ive done the eCAF (coz i cant) or can i just go along and enrol, and then do the eCAF after. and also, it says if u dont submit the HECS HELP form, that your place will have to be ignored and u will be rejected. so does anybody know the date that i have to do the eCAF by, so i dont miss out on a place? and also, once ive done the eCAF, and theve sent me a acceptance email that its completed do i have to take it back to UTS to show them?
They have my name wrong so I have to wait until they change it when I officially enroll. :uhoh:

euro-dragon

Im a LolOsaUR Hear Me Roa
HSC
Qualona said:
thanx for the help!
but does that mean that i cant go to the enrolment day on the 8th? the next (and last) enrolment date is on the 21st, but what if i dont have my approved eCAF by then?
I read in that booklet we got that if you cant get a TFN by the due date of enrollment or filling out your CAF form you need to take to enrollment with you the document stating that you have applied for a TFN. This should get you out of trouble until you get your TFN.

All the best

BlytheChloe

HSC
Is it bad to be enrolling on the last day of enrolment (21st)?

What letter do you get?

My whole family is overseas so any mail I get is screwed.

Originality

HSC
BlytheChloe said:
Is it bad to be enrolling on the last day of enrolment (21st)?

What letter do you get?

My whole family is overseas so any mail I get is screwed.
im really confused. It said on the site dat the last date is 21st but wen choosing the enrolment date, it said dat 20th was the last date. So wen is it?

Last edited:

BlytheChloe

HSC
Originality said:
im really confused. It said on the site dat the last date is 21st but wen choosing the enrolment date, it said dat 20th was the last date. So wen is it?
Depends on the course you're enrolling in and how many people are already registered to enrol on that date?

Last edited:

johnnypaul

HSC
truper said:
They have my name wrong so I have to wait until they change it when I officially enroll. :uhoh:
My name is wrong too. Do I just tell them on enrollment day?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)