• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

UTS Interior to Viss Comm (1 Viewer)

sickass54

sickass54
HSC
Is there any specifics needed?

credit average?

oh! and is it possible to go mid year submission.

My UAI is 83.60 and the cut-off for viss comm was 90.05 or something !

thanks in advance

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
if i were you, ill wait till the end of the year
i think youll probably need a distinction average, but if you also compile a personal statement, then a high credit average should be sufficient enough

sickass54

sickass54
HSC
What about if I change it to DFEE-paying putting the required UAI down to 81?

would that help any better?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
in that case, then yes, if UTS accepts mid year offers for visual communication, then i would do it, since you have the UAI for it
the reason why i told you to transfer at the end of the year via CSP, is because usually when the uni results is given, it is after the mid semester deadline, which in that case, for a mid year transfer, they only count your UAI

msh

HSC
they don't offer mid year transfers. trust me on that. I already went for vis comm last year. you need to go through the non current school leaver entry even if its considered an internal course transfer. Hence you need to prepare a 2500 word statement, a portfolio of relevant works, an interview plus your UAI and one year of uni GPA marks.

What don't u like about interior design anyway? considering u got 83.6 which was the last person in cut-off for it last year (mind you its been higher every other year, as high as early 90s in 2000~2004 and high 80s like 89~87 until 2006 when it suddenly dropped to 83~4ish and the combined interior design/internations studies has always been mid~high 90s) i would stick to it unless its really not your field of interest..
i personally love professionally designed interiors like those jaw dropping 5 star hotel interiors or expensive boutiques. :)

Last edited:

sickass54

sickass54
HSC
I agree, it is a great course but the passion for interior design for me is not there.

People who really want to create things via buildings should definetly pick up this course, however I aspire to be a graphic designer a personal who of course 'visually communicates' haha

thanks anyway!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)