UTS Med Sci 010? (1 Viewer)

phayte

HSC
Who's aiming for that course?
What subjects are you doing to get there?

alphaisanidiot

HSC
According to my UAC 09, the UAI for med sci at UTS was 84.15, and med sci at USYD was 91.00. I'm aiming for med sci at USYD in '10, and dont worry about assumed knowledge, I only did gen maths and biology in the HSC too. Bridging courses ;)

HSC
According to my UAC 09, the UAI for med sci at UTS was 84.15, and med sci at USYD was 91.00. I'm aiming for med sci at USYD in '10, and dont worry about assumed knowledge, I only did gen maths and biology in the HSC too. Bridging courses ;)
the UAI for medical science in UTS now is 87.10. :)

krayzie_

HSC
the med sci at uts owns the one at usyd, from studying at both unis doing same courses - uts comes up on top

blackromanc3

HSC
I want to get into med science/law or science/law and transfer
chem, bio, mathematics, adv english, music and sor1
whats the uai for med sci? i know the med sci/law is 93 :|
Actually the UAI for Med Sci/ Law is 98.55, search the code in the offers search thing 609065.

Med Sci/Business was 93.80

Are you sure you want to do Law as well? I'm currently doing B Med Science and B Business and it's a really good combination. The reasoning why I'm questioning Law is because of the professions it offers.

I know there is this guy who went to UTS and did Law and did become a successful lawyer who worked with Barry O'Keefe the former judge of NSW Supreme Court (also father of Andrew O'Keefe, the host of Deal or No Deal). He said that unless you want to be chained to the desk everyday the Business degree is the way to go. In sarcasm he said, "You cannot even be employed at Maccas with the Law degree"

And yeah, he quit being lawyer and went back to UTS to do a Business degree. But yeah, that's my opinion.

krayzie_

HSC
why is that? =S

USYD is known as prestigious. They have the name but the quality of their courses and facilities are mediocre at best.

Having thought USYD > all, I transferred there for part of my course. To my horror it was the worse. Now I'm back at UTS and couldn't be happier.

For one the USYD labs are crap compared to UTS labs, tutors are better at UTS etc. Lecturers are probably the same at both university's.

But yeah this is just my opinion, my FIRST HAND opinion.

Zantico

HSC
anyone know how uts compares to unsw? really curious, my neighbour who did his undergrad at usyd and masters at uts highly recommended UTS though

Danzboy

HSC
The chmistry department at uts is unbelivable. very good staff and the way the course is structured. And my god are the labs SO GOOD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)