UTS O-Week 2004 (23rd - 27th Feb) (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Information about the UTS 2004 Orientation Week can be found here: http://www.orientation.uts.edu.au/

The orientation week program at the City campus runs from Monday 23rd to Friday 27th February. The Kuringai campus orientation week starts on Thursday 19th February.

The orientation week is not compulsory to go to for the whole week. You are highly advised, however, to go to your faculty welcome. For students in the IT, Engineering and Law faculities, your welcome will be at the Orientation camp. For other faculties, refer to the website.

The other important day is O-Day on Wednesday 25th February. There will be stalls on the day of the various clubs and societies available at UTS, along with some other stuff. You will be able to join clubs and societies on that day, as well as pick up heaps of free stuff!

Post any questions you have about O-Week in this thread!

Dave85

HSC
I hav a question! I was wondering if most ppl go the WHOLE week. Like i dont mind going @ all, but in ur opiniion are some of the days a waste of time?

DangSta

hmmm... i think i'm gonna go on the 25th and 26th of Feb.

anyone going for a barbecue at st leonards after the city tour??

haven't been to st leonards...i hope it isn't hard to find the uni. where is st leonards station neways? does the train have to travel pass the harbour bridge?

HSC
train goes passed the bridge...and about 4-6 stops more...depending on the train

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
When I went to Orientation, I only went on a few days. Wednesday is definately the best day to go! If you have a faculty welcome talk and tour, then go to that too.

St Leonards stn is on the North Shore Line. From Central, most trains will stop at: Town Hall, Wynyard, Milsons Point, North Sydney, Waverton, Wollstonecraft then St Leonards. Some will go straight from North Sydney to St Leonards. The trains depart from Platform 3 at Town Hall and Platform 16 at Central usually. If you live on the Western (yellow) Line, then your train will usually go there anyways.

DangSta

cool thanks "jase-REX" and "skip to my lou". gotta copy and paste that just incase... i don't usually travel up there... is chatswood close to st leonards?? Does st leonards have any shops?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Haven't been to St Leonards really. Chatswood is 2 stops away, so Atarmon then Chatswood. Some trains go straight from St Leonards to Chatswood, not that it makes much difference.

I'm sure St Leonards has small shops, but Chatswood is only about 5 mins away. Just buy a weekly ticket to Chatswood :).

Tenax Propositi

there's just no oxygen
HSC
Are all the study success workshops all the same? because they're numbered 1, 2, 3... does that just indicate the fact that it's the first, second, third one of the same thing or are they different?

shelli@UTS

do you get studded condoms at O-week at UTS like they do at Newcastle? *curious* what are some of the other freebz?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
I don't know why they think we'll all be running off and having sex during O-week over any other time of year. Maybe it's the beer.

carrotz

HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by shelli@UTS
do you get studded condoms at O-week at UTS like they do at Newcastle? *curious* what are some of the other freebz?
last yr we got condoms, but i dont think they were studded.. lol.. other freebies include bbq, ice cream, pop corn, pens, mouse pads, etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)