UTS Revision Courses (1 Viewer)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
yeah its handy, just gets you thinking before the start of whatever science course you are doing....

gets boring, but pay attention- its easy and worthwhile if you havnt done hsc chem

mAtboisLim

HSC
So is it only good if you're starting out from the preliminary course?

What about if you're studying for the trials, like myself?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
the course is intended for students about to begin a course at uni and have not done hsc chem- its not intended as a revision course for hsc students as i would imagine they cover different things

Danni07

happy little vegemite
HSC
Hmm, I actually think you'll find that it is a "HSC revision course"... Just from reading that webpage:
"Who Will Benefit?
This short course provides an excellent opportunity to focus on the HSC Chemistry Syllabus' core topics.
A set of comprehensive notes will assist later preparation and revision prior to the HSC examinations."
It seems like it would be worthwile, I personally havent attended one, but my chemsitry teacher, who is an HSC marker, highly reccommends these courses. I particularly like the idea of receiving note booklets.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
well despite what the site says, i actually did the course

it goes over fundamental ideas in chemistry, but i dont think it would cover the different eelctives you might do in hsc chem

i found it useful as i had never heard of a mole before beginning my course at uts, or how to do some calculations etc...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)