UTS student cards and concession (1 Viewer)

terminator69

HSC
If someone was to request a new UTS student card, does anyone know whether the concession logo with the current year is printed on there by default? When my card was originally issued, it had the concession thing hard printed on it (as if to say they give it to everyone). Or do they actually check the amount of subjects you are enrolled in before issuing such a card? But yeah, I'm looking to scam my way out of another year of concession because I'm doing less than a full load this session and was wondering if i could achieve it this way.

On another note, it's total BS that they don't give concession to all students, plus international students for the sake of cost and the environment plus of encouraging public transport.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Are you saying you lost your original student card and are no longer eligible for concession? Or are you planning ahead for next year? Not everyones cards have the hard printed sticker for their first year, they only put it on if you are elgible for concession afaik. The only way of "scamming another year of concession" is to enrol in a full load for the year, get your concession sticker and then unenrol in the subjects before the census date.

As for concession eligibility, it's not up to UTS. The government removed a few of the requirements this year. (i.e. no longer have to technically be unemployed to be eligible)

terminator69

HSC
Are you saying you lost your original student card and are no longer eligible for concession? Or are you planning ahead for next year? Not everyones cards have the hard printed sticker for their first year, they only put it on if you are elgible for concession afaik. The only way of "scamming another year of concession" is to enrol in a full load for the year, get your concession sticker and then unenrol in the subjects before the census date.
Nah, I still have my card but am indeed no longer eligible because I'm not doing 4 subjects so was wondering what would happen if I applied for another one. And yeah, my plan B was to pay full price until semester 2 and get the concession that way (by taking on full load, getting sticker, then pulling out before census date). Although if this actually works, it kinda proves that the whole system is completely retarded if all it takes to get concession is this.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Although if this actually works, it kinda proves that the whole system is completely retarded if all it takes to get concession is this.
Yeah, it is pretty stupid. No other way they can really do it though, uni doesn't have the resources to go and chase people for their stickers back and cityrail don't have the resources to check everybodies enrolment details. That might all change in a few years time depending on how they decide to implement Opal cards though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)