UTS vs UNSW ONCE AND FOR ALL (1 Viewer)

Nosviper

HSC
I am sick of pondering which of these two unis to attend for civil engineering. I have been accepted into both, gone to both open days, have outweigherd positives and negatives for each. My mind cannot be made up. I need ANYTHING from current students about the course or how they feel about both courses/unis that will help me out

seriously... ANYTHING will help

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
at UNSW they hit you with phone books as hazing

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
well you said anything would help

so i told you something

amulet888

HSC
go uts, i hear the size of the average female breast their is 20% larger than the ones at UNSW

bigge boobs = better uni

Nosviper

HSC
im not basing my decision on fken grass haha. I want information on the people that do engineering, social aspects, teachers etc.

* UTS has more industrial experience and quicker travel time which is a positive for me.

HSC
Nosviper said:
im not basing my decision on fken grass haha. I want information on the people that do engineering, social aspects, teachers etc.

* UTS has more industrial experience and quicker travel time which is a positive for me.
there's your answer. it's a highly regarded uni especially in engineering anyway.

Nosviper

HSC
yeh but the unsw course is a year less and has a high reputation for the engineering faculty which is another positive for it..lol

~kiki

HSC
unsw has more international acclaim-- so I guess if you want to do abit of travelling with your qualifications they'll be more recognised overseas

~kiki

HSC
Musk said:
Nope

Alot of rubbish

Engineers Australia (the governing body) gives approval for status of degrees overseas

I think you need to stop listening to all the marketing of all unis

Listen to people who have worked overseas

Prestiage is for the insecure, it means u got nothing to offer to the company
I would never choose a uni for prestige alone however, I feel that if you were to go overseas with a degree from one of the larger australian universities it is more likely to be recognised by your potencial employer. People generally lean towards what is familiar to them, so if an employer has to decide between you-- (a foreigner who went to an unfamiliar university) or a local candidate who went to a familiar university they are probably going to choose the local candidate even if the Australian candidates degree is recognised by Engineers Australia. Its harder to get jobs overseas. I immigrated here with my family from South Africa and at first my parents had enormous trouble finding employment simply because Australian employers didn't recognise or weren't familiar with their qualifications. I assume that they would have been in a worse situation if they had gone to a lesser known university.

*btw, she wanted advice on what decision she should make and it appeared that there was very little between the two degrees--international stance is one of the things that seperates the two unis. I am/ was having a similar problem myself-- in the end I just went with my gut instinct.

Last edited:

ace

is retired
HSC
Musk said:
UNSW, the University of Melbourne and Sydney University were all ranked in the top 100 for Engineering in the listing, which is part of an ongoing large-scale project to provide independent rankings of the research completed at universities around the world

Where is the work

epic fail
Research is like work. You make up what you want to do and set your own hours. Win win.

ace

is retired
HSC
Musk said:
Nope
I think you need to stop listening to all the marketing of all unis

Listen to people who have worked overseas

Prestiage is for the insecure, it means u got nothing to offer to the company
Offer them a degree from UTS, close enough to nothing. ;)

MoNNiE

HSC
its the tower building isn't it ==''

nah UTS is alrite, it might not be "pretty" like UNSW, but on the otherhand the feedback i get from guys from work are that they value people who have experience and understand rather than those who just came out of Uni not knowing what to expect from working..

I can't remember who said this, but its down right true.. it doesn't matter what uni you really go to, its up to the individual whether they will put in the effort to get the education and get the job they want.. not the UNI! so why bother fuss over which uni to go to then!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)