UTS Web Enrolment - I don't get it. (1 Viewer)

candygore

HSC
I got an offer to UTS int.design and I made this webmail and everything. And then I found that I have to do Web Enrolment and it says that it is only opened at 8am to 10pm on weekdays. Today, it is Thursday, 12:30pm, and I had that same note saying that it's only opened at 8am and all that. What do I have to do? If I don't do this, would attending to Enrolment day will fix this problem? Or am I thinking about this Web Enrolment in a wrong way? I am kinda confused.. so please help :(

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
Last year I couldn't access web enrolment til I went to uni on the day I was assigned to enrol. Not sure if they still do that, but you wont be able to access it til your specified enrolment day.

BeyondDeath

HSC
Ok yea about that enrollment day that you have to sign up for, what exactly is it? Is it just for enrolling into specific classes and whatnot? If so how come you cant do it on the net? And also what happens if I fail to turn up to any of the things I signed up for, like uni tour and orientation? Any help is appreciated.

TheElite

HSC
Ok yea about that enrollment day that you have to sign up for, what exactly is it? Is it just for enrolling into specific classes and whatnot? If so how come you cant do it on the net? And also what happens if I fail to turn up to any of the things I signed up for, like uni tour and orientation? Any help is appreciated.
When i went to enrol, you have to 'formally' accept your offer and then head off to enrol into your subjects on their comps. Your student card photo is taken and issued on the spot. At least thats what I had to do.

Last edited:

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
orientation/tour aren't really necessary. I missed the official sci student welcome (which was heaps boring) and you can figure out all the stuff you've missed on the tour etc. But you need to go to your enrolment day, so you can formally accept your offer, get your id card and get one of the helpers to give you a leg up with subject selection.

jonaxiang

HSC
When we go to enrol on the day. How do we prove to the UTS staff that we are doing the course?... Do we have to bring the offer letter that was posted in the mail or remember student ids that we got from that webmail signup?...I'm totally lost:(

TheElite

HSC
When we go to enrol on the day. How do we prove to the UTS staff that we are doing the course?... Do we have to bring the offer letter that was posted in the mail or remember student ids that we got from that webmail signup?...I'm totally lost:(
Letter of offer from UAC and photo ID

bling05

HSC
If we are deferring I assume we don't go to enrolment day?

BeyondDeath

HSC
Ok another question. Say I for some reason dont turn up to the enrollment session I signed up for or was late for it. Is it a big deal? Like do they mark the roll or something? Do I have to tell them so I can pick another day? Or can I just rock up to whatever session I choose to that is on the same day.

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
Ok another question. Say I for some reason dont turn up to the enrollment session I signed up for or was late for it. Is it a big deal? Like do they mark the roll or something? Do I have to tell them so I can pick another day? Or can I just rock up to whatever session I choose to that is on the same day.
If you know you're going to miss it, you can just change it here. If you're late, you can always try changing it, but they wouldn't make a big song and dance about how you were late. There are so many people that it's unlikely everybody remembers or shows up at the right time. Keep in mind that the people who you'll be dealing with are there to help you.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
The only reason that you have certain days to choose from is that helpers from different faculties (that give you a sample plan for your core/elective subjects, help you with enrolment problems) aren't there every single day. I dont think it wouuld matter too much if you were late, but if you're going to go on another day, make sure its one from the list you're offered.

samuraitor

BoS lover
HSC
The only reason that you have certain days to choose from is that helpers from different faculties (that give you a sample plan for your core/elective subjects, help you with enrolment problems) aren't there every single day. I dont think it wouuld matter too much if you were late, but if you're going to go on another day, make sure its one from the list you're offered.

Hate to dig up the old thread but the line below is next to the subject I am supposed to enrol, what does it mean, am I supposed to wait a bit more or contact the uni?

R01: Web Enrolment not permittedd

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
It's in white if you highlight his whole post.

The only reason I can think of (im sure there would be more) is that you haven't completed prereqs or its a cross faculty course and you need to throw in an erequest to get access to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)