UTS (1 Viewer)

DarkOperator618

HSC
Does UTS fill up for engineering or nah?

I didn't apply for January round 2 as I tried to take my chances for UNSW engineering (i acc dk if I'll get in)

Would UTS fill up their seats for engineering in jan round 2, even though my grades would be enough for engineering?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
If you did not apply for UTS's Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in January Round 2, but are still able to apply for this degree beyond January Round 2 (for instance, in February Round 1), then this should indicate that there are still spots left, which would make sense considering that students who apply may either not receive an offer to study this degree, or may choose not to study this particular degree and hence don't accept their offer. Provided you meet the admission requirements of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), you should be able to receive an offer beyond January Round 2.

Additionally, since you mentioned UNSW, if you wish to increase your chances of studying at UNSW (if this is your dream university), I suggest having a look at the WSU-UNSW Collaborative Program:

I hope this helps! :D

DarkOperator618

HSC
If you did not apply for UTS's Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in January Round 2, but are still able to apply for this degree beyond January Round 2 (for instance, in February Round 1), then this should indicate that there are still spots left, which would make sense considering that students who apply may either not receive an offer to study this degree, or may choose not to study this particular degree and hence don't accept their offer. Provided you meet the admission requirements of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), you should be able to receive an offer beyond January Round 2.

Additionally, since you mentioned UNSW, if you wish to increase your chances of studying at UNSW (if this is your dream university), I suggest having a look at the WSU-UNSW Collaborative Program:

I hope this helps! :D
bro cheers that's extremely helpful cuz I'm lowkey bricking it

my original plan was to hit unsw and work, or go to UTS and transfer

so if the courses fill up, it wouldn't be available on UAC would it?

jimmysmith560

Le Phénix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
bro cheers that's extremely helpful cuz I'm lowkey bricking it

my original plan was to hit unsw and work, or go to UTS and transfer

so if the courses fill up, it wouldn't be available on UAC would it?
No worries!

Being able to apply to a course that has no available spots remaining through UAC is unlikely, i.e. it seems that courses with no remaining spots available can still be applied to on UAC, although it is unlikely that they will have no available spots remaining. This is consistent with UAC's advice:

If you don't receive an offer (in your case, you did not apply), compare your ATAR to the published lowest selection ranks and change your preferences for the next offer round: February Round 1. Choose courses that are likely to have vacancies and that have lowest selection ranks similar to, or lower than, your ATAR.

Engineering is a popular field of study and it is likely that UTS (and other universities) offer sufficient spots for students on that basis, so that they are not limited by one particular offer round.

DarkOperator618

HSC
No worries!

Being able to apply to a course that has no available spots remaining through UAC is unlikely, i.e. it seems that courses with no remaining spots available can still be applied to on UAC, although it is unlikely that they will have no available spots remaining. This is consistent with UAC's advice:

If you don't receive an offer (in your case, you did not apply), compare your ATAR to the published lowest selection ranks and change your preferences for the next offer round: February Round 1. Choose courses that are likely to have vacancies and that have lowest selection ranks similar to, or lower than, your ATAR.

Engineering is a popular field of study and it is likely that UTS (and other universities) offer sufficient spots for students on that basis, so that they are not limited by one particular offer round.
do you happen to know how many ppl UTS tends to accept or nah

nzexperiment

HSC
Does UTS fill up for engineering or nah?

I didn't apply for January round 2 as I tried to take my chances for UNSW engineering (i acc dk if I'll get in)

Would UTS fill up their seats for engineering in jan round 2, even though my grades would be enough for engineering?
why didnt you put uts as a lower preference?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)