UWS info day sucks (1 Viewer)

superralex

Sheriosusly BHS09.
HSC
that is all
I'd have to agree there, the lecturer for business/commerce was very boring and unethusiastic. He kept going on and on and on. To be honest, 80% of the people didn't look interested as well.

I'm currently at their library posting this.

Thangquangtu

QUANG(*)
HSC
I'd have to agree there, the lecturer for business/commerce was very boring and unethusiastic. He kept going on and on and on. To be honest, 80% of the people didn't look interested as well.

I'm currently at their library posting this.
+1, it was streaming online aswell lololol

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
UWS info day was on today????

Link please to the video plz

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Yeah UWS Info Day was today.

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
where was it??
are you talking about the one at the parramatta campus or the hawkesbury campus??

astroe

HSC
It was at the Parramatta campus, not that I ended up going or anything.
I found it strange that online pre-registration was mandatory.

johony

HSC
good thing i didn't go, i'll just bombard the admissions people with questions they aren't qualified to answer tomorrow

greenie1113

Bone Saw is ready
HSC
did anyone go to the natural sciences lecture (or whatever it was) ??

kateemily

HSC
watching it now.

everything he's saying sounds dumbed down and redundant. and awkward. he keeps pacing back and forth and bopping up and down :confused:
didn't learn anything tbh.

eh.

were the VIP room lectures any better?

haha yes! the VIP room lectures werent really lectures. there wasnt one for health/science anyway, was more of a scholarship debrief then an introduction of important people to talk to for specific courses. it was up to you to hound them down afterwards.

was hilarious though, walking in and walking out, in terms of the different atmosphere, treatment, and priorities placed on the two groups. outside it felt like a campus, while inside felt like some private school, elite, academic group. was, uh... interesting. easy to get good answers out of the lecturers though because they actually knjew their stuff, were nice and quite accomodating, but thats from my minimal experience of one person and general eye spying

TunaFish

HSC
haha yes! the VIP room lectures werent really lectures. there wasnt one for health/science anyway, was more of a scholarship debrief then an introduction of important people to talk to for specific courses. it was up to you to hound them down afterwards.

was hilarious though, walking in and walking out, in terms of the different atmosphere, treatment, and priorities placed on the two groups. outside it felt like a campus, while inside felt like some private school, elite, academic group. was, uh... interesting. easy to get good answers out of the lecturers though because they actually knjew their stuff, were nice and quite accomodating, but thats from my minimal experience of one person and general eye spying
Oh god yes. I know exactly what you're talking about.
I wasn't at Course Decision Day today but having gone to one of their open days this year I wholeheartedly agree that the campus and VIP room are worlds apart in terms of treatment. From the shiney VIP badges when you first walk in - to the indulgent presentation hall - to specially designed freebie bags.
Ahh such decadence compared to the rest of the campus.
Perfect for feeding my hidden elitist streak.

Also, holy trippin balls - first in state for Textiles! :eek: ... I think I remember you appearing in one of the SMH videos.

Last edited:

kateemily

HSC
Oh god yes. I know exactly what you're talking about.
I wasn't at Course Decision Day today but having gone to one of their open days this year I wholeheartedly agree that the campus and VIP room are worlds apart in terms of treatment. From the shiney VIP badges when you first walk in - to the indulgent presentation hall - to specially designed freebie bags.
Ahh such decadence compared to the rest of the campus.
Perfect for feeding my hidden elitist streak.

Also, holy trippin balls - first in state for Textiles! :eek: ... I think I remember you appearing in one of the SMH videos.
i never considered uws as i was always going to uts, until i got a higher uai and so i could go 2 uws. no1 needs to tell me that i sound mental- higher uai, dropping down uni ranks lol. so when i got the email bout the vip thing i was lyk, yep, cool. went and, holy moly it was weird, totally not 'campus life' example. i wish i could explain it, but it was totally like private skool elitist meeting. and ppl in suits catering to ur need, dude.

haha i laughed at the bags. got zippers booyah! now, bags with zippers? thats the sign of a good uni lol

the 'holy trippin balls' part made me cack myself lol. best reaction yet. but thanks. ahh the dreaded video :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)