UWS internal transfer (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Hi guys,
I was told that you can transfer internally at UWS after 6 months rather than a full year, how does that work, do you have to take extra subjects or anything and does that mean you graduate in the middle of the year rather than the end?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Geez, your getting in a bit early, aren't you melsc, you have just under a year. You should be more worried about other things.

Anyway, you can transfer after one semester, you fill in a form and give it to the student centre. If you get a GPA of over 5.1 you are guaranteed a transfer.

You start your new course in second semester, and you may not need to do extra subjects, especially if you have already done the subjects.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Cape said:
Geez, your getting in a bit early, aren't you melsc, you have just under a year. You should be more worried about other things.

Anyway, you can transfer after one semester, you fill in a form and give it to the student centre. If you get a GPA of over 5.1 you are guaranteed a transfer.

You start your new course in second semester, and you may not need to do extra subjects, especially if you have already done the subjects.
I just wanted to see how it all works :p coz I'll be doing my uni preferences soon

klh

HSC
its not 6 months, but a minimum of 4 units to be completed with the required results!!!! than you are able to trasnfer.
and yes a gpa of greater than 5.1 will secrure that internal trasnfer. [oh thats been said]
also there are 2 types, GICTS and CHange of key program, so be careful when talking to the staff, they may confuse you.

klh

HSC
well i didnt intend to, just warning her of the staff and some policies that usually get confused...but basically if you're in a course and wish to trasnfer into a different course [different subjects, e.g. engineering and arts] than the guaranteed internal course trasnfer scheme is the way to go. if its like computer engineering and you want to trasnfer to electrical, than its the change of key program, another example is B Arts (history) and B Arts (whatever), your changing the major but still in the sam course i.e. b Arts.
if this still might be confusable [i made that word up] im sorry...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
klh said:
well i didnt intend to, just warning her of the staff and some policies that usually get confused...but basically if you're in a course and wish to trasnfer into a different course [different subjects, e.g. engineering and arts] than the guaranteed internal course trasnfer scheme is the way to go. if its like computer engineering and you want to trasnfer to electrical, than its the change of key program, another example is B Arts (history) and B Arts (whatever), your changing the major but still in the sam course i.e. b Arts.
if this still might be confusable [i made that word up] im sorry...
No no I appreciate you helping me out...I am a lil confused but it wil all make sense eventually...my brain is fried from an exam starting at 8am 2day

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Mel, you just get anything over 5.0

A HD = 7, D = 6, C = 5, P = 4.

You'll do 4 subjects, and if your average grades = >5.0 u are in the win.
The way I'm sure you'll be so commited, I have no doubt you can get over 5.0 (tho please try in the HSC... It's not as hard as you might think).

> 5.0 for one semester isn't 'rare'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)