uws library (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
hey, they took to my suggestion.....narf!

Yes, the site is more user friendly with everything layed out that we can see instead of those stupid menus, but than i have ot get used to it again, more work!!!!
And Natstar, the last paragraph, i reckon thats what everyone ut on them surveys.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
And when did we do a library survey? meh. Hawkesbury library has too many workstations, either that, or not enough students go to the library :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Only certain days of the week, wednesdays and fridays. Crap, and I'm there both those days this semester :( oh well, beats trying to fight for a computer :p

L

LaraB

so don't trust the results of those surveys though since you only did it if you wanted too... a lot of people started n then got bored n stopped..

i mean.. yeah most the staff are really nice but there's a few who a lot of people (at parra) have problems with not just for their rudeness and refusal to help but coz they give you wrong/misleading info if they want you to go away...

man..my biggest prob is still how easy it is to steal stuff from the library coz goddamn! not had a single assignment when the course reserve texts or the relevant Acts or recommended text list books haven't been "missing"...

klh

HSC
peopel are not interested... i only did it from the kindness of my heart...and that ipod! Dang was sad about not getting it.
ive never asked the staff for help much since i do it at penrith and they are much nicer imo. the parra ones are a bit too "efficient" as there are too many peopel to process requests.

L

LaraB

yeah like i dunno...these 3 women are just so i dunno..

you ask em a question like.. a valid quetsion like "is the law librarian available" which one of my friends did only to be told "she's not here and even if she was she's not availbale to you"... never mind that in the library sessinos she gave us her name and email and number and stuff and said 'if u eva need help just ask 4 me and i'll c what i can do"...

klh

HSC
give her an apple, as the saying goes, an apple a day keeps the doct...oh, i see a flaw.
sometimes you ahve good staff like this indian bloke and this brunnette old woman who was quite polite about my errr stupid question too.

funky_a

Fabulousness Overload
HSC
I did the survey because the librarian was really nice and gave me a Chuppa Chup so I was kinda BRIBED into doing it! But ah well, it wasn't that bad. Most of it was blubber

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Okely dokie, a very stupid question coming up. But where have the journals gone from the library website?

I can find e-reserve, but where have the e-collections gone??

klh

HSC
in the results, you can see that e-collections have become e-resources...i forgot to add this part in my reply above, damn bos servers are slow

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
e-reserve is like the course stuff that the lecturers put up in the library.

e-collection is the journal database.

Thanks, klh!!

Angel45

HSC
Didn't want to start a new thread BUT.... yesterday the machine must not have checked out one of my 4 books... I thought it was on the docket when I'd checked but must not have been and it set the buzzer off (they were like just in my hands) and the librarian had to fill in an "incident report" w/ all my details!!! She truly made me feel like I was trying to steal the darn thing...I think I like Parra library betta.

Wish there was like some legal thing where I could have gone actually no u have no right to record my details ova this! lol

So...make sure u check ur receipts! Hehe.

Kulazzi

HSC
Was this at Bankstown? Cos usually my books go off as well (because I don't scan them in properly :eek:) but they just call me back and do that bind rubbing thing against whatever the thing is

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)