UWS Regional Entry Test 2005 FAQ: (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Some definitions here:
STAT- this is a test which has more than one component, it can be used by mature aged students for entry into uni and is also used by school leavers as *additional* criteria for entrance to certain courses such as pharmacy in the same way that UMAT is used for medicine.
RET - this is an entry scheme by UWS, which utilises the STAT results and turns them into a ranking.
hope that clears everything up:)

HSC
yeah, i don't know if i should do it yet, costs $130 odd plus i already registered to do UMAT. i still don't know what i'm doing after the HSC yet :S so maybe i should consider doing this.

....i just got the info and registration form in the mail yesterday :D

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Yeah i got the rego form
but im doing it
I still dont know what i want to do at uni either besides my dream course

kim_

i think i mite be better off doing it just to be on the safe side, thanx guys

HSC
Yeah, when I got the reg. form and so forth in the mail, I got a bit confused.
Went and saw my careers advisor today, she said that yeah others uni's such as USYD etc have ones for pharmaceutical studies etc.

But I totally agree with the price of $130 being a bit too much. I bet as each year pasts, the price will get gradually get higher...they know desperate hsc students will pay it...:(

kim_

Yeah you know what they always icrease the price for books and stuff and things like lectures always cost soo much coz they know that deperate people will take desperate measures, I think the HSC is just a money making scheme

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
shortygb said:
if you take the RET test and get accepted into UWS can you transfer from UWS to other uni's like UTS, USYD, UNSW?
Ofcourse you can. The uni doesn't hold you in there against your own will :p

And $130 isn't that much, especially if the RET test is the thing that can possibly get you into uni.

Plus, I'm sure that $130 goes to good use, ie: students that are already there :p

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
melsc said:
small price to pay if you get into the course you want...and is considerably less than paying full-fee
Thats true Melsc. It could be the last chance that you have for first semester to get into the course you want. If you don't get into the course, you possibly have to do a semester or a year and transfer, which in turn would be more expensive.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Cape said:
Thats true Melsc. It could be the last chance that you have for first semester to get into the course you want. If you don't get into the course, you possibly have to do a semester or a year and transfer, which in turn would be more expensive.
I'd do it if I was in area...because as you said it would be cheaper than me having to transfer after a year

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
melsc said:
I'd do it if I was in area...because as you said it would be cheaper than me having to transfer after a year
Ah Melsc, your stressing about nothing again. Cause you want to combine law with something else, its good that you can go and apply for the half of the degree which isn't law, and you will become exempt from those subjects when you transfer to the combined law degree (if you don't make the combined law degree first).

th

No.1 Asset
HSC
Hello so wat day and time u guys pick for the test i picked 200pm at parra sunday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)