UWS student offers (1 Viewer)

SweetSeasons

HSC
I got into Bach of Sceince at UWS, parra campus. Parra last year was 70.95 I dunno what it is this year. I was never worried about not getting in as my uai was 78.5

swiftwind

HSC
Well, I didn't get into ANY uni course! I applied for University of Western Sydney, Richmond campus. Why does everyone get extremely high UAI's here, and get into their course of first preference? So unfair!!

IP_freely

evo 9 ftw
HSC
SweetSeasons said:
I got into Bach of Sceince at UWS, parra campus. Parra last year was 70.95 I dunno what it is this year. I was never worried about not getting in as my uai was 78.5
i think it went down to 60.10

dark`secrets

<insert title>
HSC
N/A
swiftwind said:
Well, I didn't get into ANY uni course! I applied for University of Western Sydney, Richmond campus. Why does everyone get extremely high UAI's here, and get into their course of first preference? So unfair!!
did you h ave access?

michelleanne

HSC
dre said:
i got health science at penrith....anyone else doing it???

Hi dre....... I have just finished my health science course at uws penrith... social health studies major... are you doing this major or the other ones...

Is there any other info that you need to know?..........

Also, I will be tutoring a 1st year subject, so i could end up being one of your tutors....

Its a fantastic course- you will enjoy it....

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
B industrial design & penrith B design n technology @ penrith.. dnt know if im really happy
shall i change into D design (visual communication) instead??

pukkatukka

galoomp
HSC
placebo said:
I got into Law/Communications, Arts, Social Science @ Parra campus!!! Woohoo!
me also :) me thinks i'll choose arts or comm, u?

Last edited:

xuberant

HSC
i got into Bach Business (marketing) parramatta woohoo

dre

HSC
Thanks michelleanne for replying...well i was considering that major but not really sure it. Is the work load heavy? How many days a week would i go in 1st year???

Thanks

Annegelic

Taper jean girl
HSC
B Social Science at Penrith. How great that my top 3 preferences went down from at the most, UAI 84, down to 70 ! There IS a god :p

Jonathan A

HSC
Annegelic said:
B Social Science at Penrith. How great that my top 3 preferences went down from at the most, UAI 84, down to 70 ! There IS a god :p

WHat arer you planning on majoring in?

michelleanne

HSC
dre said:
Thanks michelleanne for replying...well i was considering that major but not really sure it. Is the work load heavy? How many days a week would i go in 1st year???

Thanks

Hi Dre!

Well There are four majors for health science- they added a new major this year.... I suggest going with social health studies or health promotion...... whatever interests you I guess.... you could do social health studies and choose your electives from the health promotion unit.

In terms of the workload, it isn't that bad...... three or four assessments per subject. One suggestion I would give you is to do a library tour to understand the different facilities that you have access to at the library ie. jounrals, databases etc. Also, get in the habbit of doing good research for assessments now, it will help you in the later years.

In terms of the subjects you would be studying and the times of those subjects, look at:
http://handbook.uws.edu.au/hbook/course.asp?course=4545.2

This lists each major and the corresponding subjects for that major each semester.

Once you know your subjects and the elective you want look at the timetable at:

http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/pweb_tt/start.asp?yr=2005

You can have a look at class times, and see what elective you would like to do dpending on the day/time it has been timetabled.

Start planning your times now, so when tutorial registrations are open you know what times you want and you dont spend half an hour figuring out what you want. Since tut registrations are first in best dressed, it pays to be organised so you get the class times you want.

The link for tut registrations is:
http://www.uws.edu.au/students/stuadmin/tut_reg

This gives you date and times of the registrations. Its all done online at http://platformweb.uws.edu.au/ - for health science it would be the 18th of febuary -most subjects for health science are in the school of applied social and human sciences.

Apart from that, I think that you would be going to uni about 3 days a week- just have a look at the timetable. Textbooks will cost about $400 maybe less depending if the subjects require texts.

Anyway, hope this helps.......

Rhi Kate

...!
HSC
Hey... Congrats everyone... I got into B Laws/ B Arts, comm etc ... I was stoked, so surprised...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)