UWS - the worst tutorial registration methods? (1 Viewer)

dilroy

HSC
Anyone else trying to log into the PlatformWeb website?

I just got kicked out while trying to enrol for my timetable choice, however the fucking website takes forever to load or complete the registration and I was idle for over 5 minutes so it kicked me out. I had the time I wanted but when I logged in and returned it was full and I was unable to succesfully apply. Anyone else pissed off at this fucking public servant fuckwit design site?

I've also got ADSL2, this is a bloody outrage.

Is there a system worse than this? :burn:

Last edited:

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Lol I knew someone was bound to bring this up. The system at UWS isn't manageable and it's a problem because as soon as 12:30pm comes up, everyone tries to login and the servers cannot handle all requests. I experienced it last year mate but the best thing to do next time is to make sure you login 15 minutes early and just stay active by clicking or viewing any info on platform web. This way your in the system ready. This is what I did the first time and I got the times I wanted.

dilroy

HSC
When you have high speed internet and things go very slowly, it starts to piss you off real bad. It wasn't just that but the site actually kicked me out while I was trying to process my timetable!

Groovejet mate, I was there 30 minutes early! lol. I clicked my preffered times and confirmed them but the login screen came up again after waiting 10 minutes for the confirmation page to appear! Argh!

It was real smart how they allowed this time limit to be enforced during registration when hundreds of animals (including myself) were trying to grab their preffered times, this would clog up PlatformWeb also causing the registration process to overun the "inactive timelimit" for the site.

Last edited:

Khmerunited

HSC
i was like 5 mins b4 the time...i'm lucky enough that the page load for the tut i wanted and phew made it like 10sec b4 everything went bad...when i try to go in again to see how many places left..take like what 2-3mins and nothing come up..i'm on Cable!!!

keeep going to plateform thing like 3-4 times still nothing i gave up! LOL..

after like 10-15 mins go back in all place like full..only like crappy time left. >.<

kinda feel relief afterward...got all the time that i planned

Dilroy yeh i can feel how much pain when the page aint load in like 2-3 sec. that what i mostly do..especially when u on high internet connection...

o well guess u really cant do anything...

OR IS IT?

so can we actually phone them instead like 10mins early?? and book the tut place?? cause i was like on exact time its open and still see like 3-4 places already taken??? how that?? any1??

G

Gavvvvvin

Meh I have dial up and had no problems

Maybe you need more practice operating your computer :)

s1mplykat

HSC
there is still a small glimpse of hope, when i went to register for my tutorials i had gotten all my times that i wanted apart from ONE... however, i went to platform web just to check the times once more and apparently they added in some extra tutes due to clash or what not, either way.. i was able to grab a place in the tute time and day that i had previously wanted :)

groovejet

HSC
N/A
Well I guess 30 minustes early is a bit too long lol. I think next time, 5 minutes early would be better. But what does dial-up or cable have to do with anything lol? It's not because of your connection but the servers at UWS which handle the registration. As soon as you click to login or whatever, you send a request. You virtually in a queue. Who knows whether or not the servers stop the number of requests before they let more in. I think one of the easiest ways is to go to your campus and use one of the computers there. There's lots of crap that goes on, distance of where you live, network congestion blah blah.

If you don't get your time, go to that preferred class and see if the tutor can accomodate you. Worth a try.

Optophobia

HSC
I had troubles second semster, year 1. But this year was brilliant (partially because i only had to book 2 tutorials).

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
i ahve dial up and got everything with no probs, just went on about 5-10 minutes early each time. maybe you just had too much other stuff using up the connection at the time?

Optophobia

HSC
When a whole school has one subject central to it (sociology and social sciences for eg) it creates lag.

sideshowtim

HSC
I actually found it quite straightforward. Lagged a little bit but that's all.

pottsy44

HSC
personally i prefer the system compared to some uni's were you dont get a choice in you get put in groups or you register at like 8-9 at night and many other wierd and stupid ways.

Datto120

HSC
I like the system heaps! My first day on my home pc (broad band) i had no problems at all. The next day my computer was playing up so i did my other tuts registrations on my bfs computer and no problems again also broadband. I think from now on ill do it at his house it was so much easier because his computer was alot faster.

Dont forget to keep logging in if you missed your time as people seem to change there mind and leave courses and you might be lucky enough to score a better time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)