UWS to UTS engineering (1 Viewer)

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
hey guys, i got to UWS and i do engineering and im in first year. i want to transfer to UTS engineering (civil)(structural) next year.

for the first semester i got a C,C,C, D

my GPA was 5.25

and my WAM was 72.25

my HSC 2006 UAI was 65.80

what do i need to get in semester 2 to successfully get the tranfer?

also, do they take into account ur WAM marks?

ALSO, IF I GET THE TRANSFER, DO I START OFF AS A SECOND YEAR STUDENT!
thanx every1!

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
a credit average should be suffient during the 2nd semester to be granted a transfer.
Im pretty sure its half UAI, half first year tertiary study for UTS, but i need musk to reconfirm this.
They dont take into account your wam...only your gpa.

dude01

HSC
You're almost guaranteed to get in, as long as you don't fail anything in second semester.

Did you put UTS engineering as your first preference anyway, despite your uai? I know a few people doing engineering at uts without the required uai (similar to yours). I bet if you applied for mid year transfer this year, you woulda got in just using your uai. Engineering isn't very popular and they give anyone a go!

Last edited:

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
Musk said:
uts would consider a uai above 66 in all their courses

in your case you need a gpa of about 5.5 to be one very happy kid

in regards to exemptions

you will get exempted from 7 subjects so ur behind by 1 subject
thanx mate. i just wanted to no, when u say "in your case you need a gpa of about 5.5 to be one very happy kid" do u mean ill JUST get in, or ur pretty sure ill get in

thanx

uac.aplcnt

HSC
You're almost guaranteed to get in, as long as you don't fail anything in second semester.

Did you put UTS engineering as your first preference anyway, despite your uai? I know a few people doing engineering at uts without the required uai (similar to yours). I bet if you applied for mid year transfer this year, you woulda got in just using your uai. Engineering isn't very popular and they give anyone a go!
Actually I heard only Macquarie uni accepts mid year transfers only..anyhow.

65.80? Whoa, thats close to their minimum requirement thing of 66..if thats the exact number to get into a course at uts..

But unless he/she puts the preference as a CURRENT school leaver, he is more likely to get into UTS using his ATAR/UAI alone..I suspect that he applied for uni after atleasts 6 months after year 12 (which makes the subject bonus points for UTS to be not applied on his UAI/ATAR) and hence he got an offer at UWS instead before??

Also theres an thing called a questionnaire (Or multiple entry criteria?) that people do to get extra ATAR bonus points for current school leavers only too (I think)..though this can be replaced by a personal statement for NONCSL (Apparently as well, maximum points you can get from this is 10)..lol...then theres EAS scheme pnts

Danzboy

HSC
Actually I heard only Macquarie uni accepts mid year transfers only..anyhow.

65.80? Whoa, thats close to their minimum requirement thing of 66..if thats the exact number to get into a course at uts..

But unless he/she puts the preference as a CURRENT school leaver, he is more likely to get into UTS using his ATAR/UAI alone..I suspect that he applied for uni after atleasts 6 months after year 12 (which makes the subject bonus points for UTS to be not applied on his UAI/ATAR) and hence he got an offer at UWS instead before??

Also theres an thing called a questionnaire (Or multiple entry criteria?) that people do to get extra ATAR bonus points for current school leavers only too (I think)..though this can be replaced by a personal statement for NONCSL (Apparently as well, maximum points you can get from this is 10)..lol...then theres EAS scheme pnts
Dont worry about the minimum requirement of yuor UAi as above has posted.

I transfered through with a uai of 67.7 and i was on a pass average.

make sure that you submit why you want to go to UTS thingy. i forgot what it was called, but you can call up and see.

I thought GPA"S only went to 4?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)