• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

V8 Supercars 2007 (1 Viewer)

*Keza*

HSC
Just coz ur a ford fan doesnt mean its holdens fault for winning. maybe its just that ford isnt "in the zone" yet. Calm down. U never know, the fords may come back in the second half of the year.:)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
We'll bloody well blame Holden if we want to. After all, they blocked Lowndes all wekkened at Philip Island last year to stop him winning and then pushed him off in the final race (I don't care what the stewards said, if Kelly was stupid enough to be where he was by accident he doesn't deserve to drive at all). So we'll blame Holes, Oil Leaks, Dents and Engine Noises as much as we want to.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
So we'll blame Holes, Oil Leaks, Dents and Engine Noises as much as we want to.
Love it :D

I see the cheater team is up to their usual tactics again of cruising around in 3rd and going to win the round as usual. No, I didn't watch the race, just the live timing. It would be fantastic if tomorrow Rick has his usual brain fade, and crashes into Tander :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Don't hold your breath, Cape ... you can't get brain fade if there's nothing to fade in the first place.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Note to the Channel Seven producers/executive/camera operators/commentators:

GARTH TANDER AND RICK KELLY ARE NOT THE ONLY CARS IN THE FUCKING RACE!

Thank you.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Can you include Mark Skaife on that list too!

I was dissapointed today, I was expecting Murphy to smash Rick off at the start. Atleast the guy winning most of the races is leading the championship. Not Mr I'll cruise around in 3/4/5 place and win the round :)

Well done to Whinners though :D

lilmissloz

HSC
FORD ALL THE WAY.
Lowndes and Courtney are my two favourite drivers but anyone who drives a Ford is good in my books.
Least favourite driver by a mile is (P)rick Kelly who by the way doesn't deserve that number 1 on his car.

Team 1A

HSC
and anyones opinion on the Frosty - Davison incident?

I personally think Davisons penalty was way to harsh. He did not turn into Winterbottom and only held his line. Winterbottom came over onto Davison. Then wtf the penalty was given due to the contact after that. Davison was not going to be able to pull that car up after the contact. Racing incident!
Then the great Ingall decides to have a go at Davison. I think we have all seen some pretty ordinary driving from Ingall over the years. Like swerving at Skaife is setting a good example for motorsport. He can dish it out but can't take it.

Anyways, go Lowndes. Good to see a mighty ford finally break through. Even that 4 car team freight train couldn't catch him!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Team 1A said:
and anyones opinion on the Frosty - Davison incident?

I personally think Davisons penalty was way to harsh. He did not turn into Winterbottom and only held his line. Winterbottom came over onto Davison. Then wtf the penalty was given due to the contact after that. Davison was not going to be able to pull that car up after the contact. Racing incident!
Then the great Ingall decides to have a go at Davison. I think we have all seen some pretty ordinary driving from Ingall over the years. Like swerving at Skaife is setting a good example for motorsport. He can dish it out but can't take it.
Speaking of Skaife, did you notice hos he hit Winterbottom while coming out of the pits and wasn't penalised (or was he? I wasn't watching since the Channel Seven Commentators have the Rick Kelly strain of Lewis Hamilton Fever) ...

Team 1A

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Speaking of Skaife, did you notice hos he hit Winterbottom while coming out of the pits and wasn't penalised (or was he? I wasn't watching since the Channel Seven Commentators have the Rick Kelly strain of Lewis Hamilton Fever) ...
Double standards perhaps.

Ahhh I'm so sick of Channel 7. Just the way they carry on about things is so lame. See the interview with Davison this morning and they played all the bad things that were said about him? It's like a today tonight version of V8 Supercar coverage. They blew the whole incident way out of proportion. I miss Channel 10 :(

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I didn't see the Davison incident, so I can't comment.

Team 1A

HSC
Nah I ment when they were interviewing him about it and making him listen to insults. Leave the poor guy alone, as if he isn't coping it enough already!

ohdato

HSC
Some of exits drivers were taking out of the pits was fucking crazy then the attempts at blocking as well were just as stupid.

Lowndes is back!!!, how come he doesn't get his own welcome to 07 thread?
Not good to see SBR leave Courtney out for Race 3 what a shit weekend.

Team 1A

HSC
ohdato said:
Some of exits drivers were taking out of the pits was fucking crazy then the attempts at blocking as well were just as stupid.

Lowndes is back!!!, how come he doesn't get his own welcome to 07 thread?
Not good to see SBR leave Courtney out for Race 3 what a shit weekend.
Yea but my V8 supercar fantasy team suffered big time from Courtney, Davison and Britek lol

And that exit is pretty shit, the swerving to the inside can't be to safe. See when Lowndes almost cleaned up Tander when Tander came out and moved across? Damn NT :p

lilmissloz

HSC
I saw the accident.
Nobody had anywhere to go and everyone was watching out for themselves.
Courtney was waay lucky to miss crashing into Frosty.
I was sooo glad Craig won the round!
Next round Craig's gonna win and (P)rick Kelly's gonna crash out in the first race and not be able to complete the weekend.

Team 1A

HSC
lilmissloz said:
I saw the accident.
Nobody had anywhere to go and everyone was watching out for themselves.
Courtney was waay lucky to miss crashing into Frosty.
I was sooo glad Craig won the round!
Next round Craig's gonna win and (P)rick Kelly's gonna crash out in the first race and not be able to complete the weekend.
To bad Courtney had a bad pitstop (race 1?) or he would of finished half decent. Won't be long before he up there.

I was suprised how cut Frosty got after the incident, thought he might be a bit more profesional than he was.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Bash and barge plans to sex-up SupercarsArticle from: Font size: Decrease
August 19, 2007 12:00am

V8 SUPERCARS is considering a Champ Car-style push-to-pass button designed to sex-up the action.

That is just one of the changes a committee is thrashing out to spruce up the Holden versus Ford category, which has been pedestrian for most of the season.

Plans also include a move to smaller fuel tanks and bonus points for leading laps in races.

Committee members include drivers Jason Bright, Paul Morris and Brad Jones and team owner Paul Cruickshank. They are pushing for changes for next season.

Most agree with the moves, which also include provisional qualifying on Fridays, with the fastest driver guaranteed a front-row start for the opening race on Saturday.

Along with points for any driver who leads a full lap, there would be bonus points for the driver who has led the most number of laps in races.

The committee is also reviewing the code of conduct with a view to bringing in more biff 'n' barge.

It follows a decision by V8 Supercars chief executive Wayne Cattach made in June to encourage drivers to speak out against each other in the media to spice up races.

One radical suggestion is that V8 Supercar drivers in the main game secure drives in the Fujitsu Development Series, much as NASCAR drivers in the US shuffle between the Nextel Cup and the Busch Series.

There is a stipulation that a V8 racer must seek a drive outside his own team if that team also fields a car in the development class. Defending series champion Rick Kelly does not see the benefit of the provisional pole-sitter being guaranteed a front-row start for the opening Saturday race "because it throws a lot of variables up like tyres and things".

Stewards yesterday issued Aussie Racing Cars competitor Phil Ward a $30,000 fine after he was allegedly involved in a violent incident with chief scrutineer Lance Smith at Oran Park on Friday. Ward was also excluded as a competitor at the meeting.

Meanwhile V8 Supercars has announced a fresh television package in New Zealand, with TV3 winning the contract for the next five years.
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,22267717-10389,00.html

Loved todays two races :D Fantastic!

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Cape said:
Defending series champion Rick Kelly does not see the benefit of the provisional pole-sitter being guaranteed a front-row start for the opening Saturday race "because it throws a lot of variables up like tyres and things".
Yeah, we wouldn't want anything that might make the races difficult, eh, Prick?

lilmissloz

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Yeah, we wouldn't want anything that might make the races difficult, eh, Prick?
Lmao!
Exactly.
He just wants the lead handed to him in the first few laps so he can drive around merrily, looking at his reflection is his mirror.
I like the idea of extra points for leading laps and stuff...it'll be good for people who lead and then get smashed off by others because they can't pass them because they're slower than them *cough*Rick*cough*

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
A lot of championships award extra points for pole position, setting the fastest lap and for leading the most laps, and I think all three could really work for the V8s. See, the problem is that everyone who finishes gets points under the current system, which makes it easy for someone - and with out mentioning any name, Rick Kelly - to sit in second or third for the weekend and win the round overall without taking a single race win. Awarding points for other achievements would bring the field closer together and give much more incentive for actually racing instead of cruising around and then insisting it's harder than it looks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)