V8 Supercars 2008 (1 Viewer)

F2001

HSC
No offense taken, but some more technical approach would be appreciated. Have you seen wint tunnel/CFD results of travelling behind another car, even if you're barely 2seconds behind?

loss of downforce happens in every motorsport, it just happens too much in F1 which makes it shitty.

StuntManonFire said:
Maybe because Formula 1 is a sport for cashed up rich boys with lack of driving ability.

Please, don't get me wrong Formula 1 fans, but the sport is shit. They complain about lack of passing, but maybe if they had some decent drivers, there would be a little more.

V8 Supercars are nothing like Formula 1. They are mildly entertaining to watch. At least there is passing past the 2nd lap.
walkahz said:
Formula 1 drivers cant drive???
That is the stupidest comment i have ever heard. F1 is very different to the v8s.
It may be boring but that is the way F1 is. If they touch in those cars they will break (no biff and barge like the v8's).
V8's have gotten crap the last few years as there is too many street circuits and there is not much passing (due to the street circuits) and going to the stupid international circuits is a terrible idea (no one watches and its on late on tv here where the only audience is).
Oran park one of the best tracks in the series is closing at the end of the year to make way for more box houses and instead we get to watch a race at olympic park (another boring street circuit with 90 degree corners and straights). (I am keen for the last race at Oran park but.)
The V8's are getting worse but they need to get back to what it was a few years ago.
Fuji 2007. Wurz had a big lose turn 1 and wacked Massa with a huge speed difference. You would've thought Massa's rear suspension would've collapsed and been undrivable. Some of those cars are very strong. But for eg the Toyota/Red bulls I've noticed tend to break so much more easily.

In V8s you risk steering arms and the watts linkage bolt really easy.

StuntManonFire said:
Was hoping for safety car with 3 laps to go. 1 lap dash would of been good.
That's just Nascaresque with the cautions they throw.

idkidkidkidkidk

HSC
It'll b interesting to see which drivers change 'camps' in 2009... there is currently talk of Will Davison moving to HRT (which will become a 3 car team) with tander driving the other hrt car and skaife driving a 'green' car (gosh i hope not lol!!!)... Haven't heard the one about T8 moving to holden.. although they did say that 'they were keeping their options open' I think possibly they were hinting that if a 3rd manufacturer (ie Toyota) did enter the series there would be a strong possibility of a change? (however I wonder (despite the funding issue) why they would change manufactures after they have been so succesful in recent years) But as of 2009 they are not displaying the Ford logo on their merchandise :( ... But I guess ford had good reason to sponser SBR (due to the fact that they produce the engines) and I guess there was no real choice in sposoring FPR (being the 'ford' team and all)...

walkahz

HSC
Shane price is gone from jack daniels effective immeadiately. Jack perkins is stepping back up into the main game.

idkidkidkidkidk

HSC
ObjectsInSpace said:
Say it with me, people ...

No more Skaife!
No more Skaife!
NO MORE SKAIFE!

It's a great day for Australian motorsport.

Lmfao... hold on... hes still 'making his options clear' but hopefully he does retire.... as a wise driver once said "the sooner he retires, the better it will be for all of us!!!' lmao ditto, a GREAT day for aussie motorsport (it took long enough!!! haha)

kristydolphins

live.love.race
HSC
I totally agree with Objectsinspace & Cape..... bout time skaife went, he may have been good bak in the day but he aint anymore-he is so overrated. I think rick is an ok driver (very hit & miss but) , but his face just puts me off lol

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Well, the number one is back were it belongs: on the side of a Ford. Lowndes should run with number 2 just to spire HRT; their decision to have Skaife carry it when Ambrose or Ingall won always struck me as being really quite arrogant of them. Of course, if Lowndes carried it, there'd be no point to calling the team Triple Eight.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'd say HRT will continue having number 2 in memory (makes it sound like he's dead) of Skaife. 1 and 888 for my boys, can't wait to see the number 1 on Jamies car, :D

Although, HRT might not survive the year if Walkinshaw is still planning on taking over the team.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
Latest news: Supercheap Auto Racing (or whatever name it goes by; the team Ingall is driving for) is apparrently in talks with ex-World Champion Jacques Villeneuve to drive for them alongside Ingall for the 2009 season. And from what I'm hearing and reading, it's actually pretty solid: it's not like the old Bathurst races where everyone used to say "Oh, we're working on getting Mario Andretti to get him to drive for us at Bathurst" and nothing eventuated from it; this is a full season we're talking about, and it's likely to create some international interest from French and Canadian audiences.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
As long as JV doesn't sing ... I'm quite happy for Ingall belt the crap out of him.

Paul Morris talks a lot of hot air anyway, I don't believe it.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
FPR liveries released. They've managed to combine a pair of single-car liveries as they've run in previous years with a team-livery a la Team Vodafone: from the front and behind, Richards' and Winterbottom's cars look identical, but from a side-on view, Winterbottom is still running and Orcon strip and Richards keeps the Castrol sponsorsip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)