Vacation Work (2 Viewers)

redruM

Breathe and Stop
HSC
I think it is a good experience to be able to talk with people from different levels in the firm. For me, I was able to calm the nerves a bit aswell because of the less stressfull atmosphere. Other than that, jasee basically covered it. :)

(Sorry about the late reply, had a busy weekend.)

jason_granger

......jd
HSC
hey does anyone know how many people approx get called for an interview at deloitte, and is the interview difficult/challenging?

btw i got a call from deloitte but i really believe i stuffed up the call.. coz i didn't really kno anything about the service line i applied for.

Maori

HSC
Here's a question for you all... I have an interview coming up with PwC on Thursday. I went to the info session last week, but due to a mix-up, I was talking to the wrong people since they put me in another division then they initially said they would.

I'm now in Transactions and Economics, which apparently is meant to be a part of Performance Improvement. Only I look at the website, and it suggests that not only are Transactions and Economics two seperate divisions, but that they are also seperate from PI. Also, I look under PI, and it has different divisions in it itself, and none of them are transactions or economics related either...

So I'm basically worried about where I should be reading to get a good grasp of the division they put me down for. Does anyone here work at or know anything about PwC that they might be able to clarify this for me? Maybe they've got some convoluted way of setting out their business sectors that is different from the website. Maybe its not updated.

Apparently its only a 20 minute interview, so they probably just ask a few basic questions to make sure I'm not retarded before I get to the next stage :) So I guess I might be able to mostly bluff my way through, and ask the interviewer some questions to clarify what I missed from the session...

M@C D@DDY

HSC
anyone know if in Sydney, apart from Deloitte, people have been contacted?

theone123

blue essence
HSC
as i am aware:

PwC, EY, Delotte, BDO, WHK Greenwoods, Horwath, McGrathNicol has contact people already.

Last edited:

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Maori said:
Here's a question for you all... I have an interview coming up with PwC on Thursday. I went to the info session last week, but due to a mix-up, I was talking to the wrong people since they put me in another division then they initially said they would.

I'm now in Transactions and Economics, which apparently is meant to be a part of Performance Improvement. Only I look at the website, and it suggests that not only are Transactions and Economics two seperate divisions, but that they are also seperate from PI. Also, I look under PI, and it has different divisions in it itself, and none of them are transactions or economics related either...

So I'm basically worried about where I should be reading to get a good grasp of the division they put me down for. Does anyone here work at or know anything about PwC that they might be able to clarify this for me? Maybe they've got some convoluted way of setting out their business sectors that is different from the website. Maybe its not updated.

Apparently its only a 20 minute interview, so they probably just ask a few basic questions to make sure I'm not retarded before I get to the next stage :) So I guess I might be able to mostly bluff my way through, and ask the interviewer some questions to clarify what I missed from the session...
I suggest you contact your relevant recruitment contact :)

... I'm not sure how it works for your division (I know people in PI, but haven't talked to them lately), but for Assurance, people who applied for that, came to our info night and then picked a BU to apply for on their own accord.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
redruM said:
I think it is a good experience to be able to talk with people from different levels in the firm. For me, I was able to calm the nerves a bit aswell because of the less stressfull atmosphere. Other than that, jasee basically covered it. :)

(Sorry about the late reply, had a busy weekend.)
LOL I think so too. You get to see the fun side of the firm as opposed to "just the name".

I also managed to "woo" a few more people into changing their preferences to my BU! :D

turtleface

HSC
its so depressing. we'll be chugging away at some firm for the rest of our life

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I wouldn't say you'd stay at the same firm though. Most people change jobs every few years nowadays.

Maori

HSC
Got the call from PwC.

Got accepted for the final round assessment day on Monday. Sweet as.

jtee

HSC
does anyone here have any experience in the area of financial risk management?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Oh were you in that large crowd brogan? I was trying to look for someone who I knew :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
I saw some people down in the EY lobby today around 9:30am. Judging by the time and size of the group I'm guessing it was assessment centre day for them!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)