valentines day shindigs (1 Viewer)

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
anyone into them, slash, do anything exciting this year for it?

I actually did this year, so it was pretty nice

do they know if you're keen on them if you ask to meet up for dinner on valentines? (like is it clear enough)

ieatbarbies

HSC
do they know if you're keen on them if you ask to meet up for dinner on valentines? (like is it clear enough)
LOL dude. Valentines Day night. Dinner. How can that not be clear?

Anyways how did it go??

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
We did valentines by going out for dinner. Next to us was a couple that was obviously on their first date. It was awkward and weird, they were excited for the meal to come because eating was an excuse not to talk.

Asking a girl out to dinner for a first date is stupid in itself, it conveys the wrong message and attracts the wrong sort of girl, but it's especially stupid for valentines.

greentsquare

HSC
Asking a girl out to dinner for a first date is stupid in itself, it conveys the wrong message and attracts the wrong sort of girl, but it's especially stupid for valentines.
hmm.. interesting. please elaborate

cookie.banana

Banned
HSC
We did valentines by going out for dinner. Next to us was a couple that was obviously on their first date. It was awkward and weird, they were excited for the meal to come because eating was an excuse not to talk.

i agree
first date on valentines builds stupid expectations

Patar

0101 0000
HSC

I'd also be interested to know what you mean by wrong sort of girl lol, Valentines was my first date with this particular one and it went really well.

ieatbarbies said:
LOL dude. Valentines Day night. Dinner. How can that not be clear?

Anyways how did it go??
ahh I know, silly question of me, I'm just nervous :p It went pretty well, much better than expected. I can't drive so I got a taxi to her place then to the restaurant... we talked so much that the waitress was like "ready to order" half an hour after we got there and we were like "ahh we haven't looked yet sorry"

haha so I guess it went really well (I think?)

Last edited:

greentsquare

HSC
ahh I know, silly question of me, I'm just nervous :p It went pretty well, much better than expected. I can't drive so I got a taxi to her place then to the restaurant... we talked so much that the waitress was like "ready to order" half an hour after we got there and we were like "ahh we haven't looked yet sorry"

haha so I guess it went really well (I think?)
half an hour? it must have gone Really well (that is, if nothing went wrong for the couple of hours or so) Good for you :D

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
I sent roses + chocs + plushie. lol.
I was working 12-10pm so I couldn't really go out for v-day. Needless to say, she was surprised re: roses and appreciated them all the same.

@Patar; nice work with the dinner though, I would've probably stuffed up. IE; dinner would've been so quiet. WHere'd u go?

madsam

God among men
HSC
Well, i went to a V day party more or less, hooked up with some girl and spent the following days getting laid hahaha

goooood times

Patar

0101 0000
HSC
I sent roses + chocs + plushie. lol.
I was working 12-10pm so I couldn't really go out for v-day. Needless to say, she was surprised re: roses and appreciated them all the same.

@Patar; nice work with the dinner though, I would've probably stuffed up. IE; dinner would've been so quiet. WHere'd u go?
we went to GPK :) it went amazing hey, I know i'm pretty shy so I dont usually talk much.... but with all the uni stuff I've been doing i have MOAR CONFIDENCE haha

Erisus

December Member
HSC
A good first date should be casual and fun. It shoudlnt involve too much deep conversation.
Good ideas for dirst dates would be movies, theatre, shopping, fun park, beach or anyhting fun for that matter. The more fun an activity is, the more relaxed and open ur potential partner will be. After the activity, u may THEN continur on towards a meal, where u can have heaps to talk about. ie. the fun, the awesome and funnny moments.
First dates on Valentines day is silly IMO, like my bretheren said, it builds up too much of an expectation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)