values of bnw and br (1 Viewer)

totallybord

HSC
hi
what are the values of bnw and br? i lookedd at the faq and it says things like what is human? and everything bt shldnt we be more specific if they ask us a whole essay predominantly on values? and how wld we incorporate values into the essay? can someone give me examples?
thanks!

HSC
hopethisworks said:
decker is a pretty cool guy

dekard is also a cool guy
"tell him im eating"

nah but seriously. you have to examine the relationship with the wild in the 2 texts. in bnw the world state has isolated and exploited nature. in br society has almost exterminated nature.

the what it is to be human refers to the replicants in br and are they human or not? how are they different? what is it to be human?

dolbinau

HSC
I often take the direction that the composers explore "The Wild" in their texts as a response to their own contexts; so it would be the values of the composers but the composer has written it for the values of the responder too..

Example: BNW

The World State (Totalitarian Government)/lack of individuality etc.., Techniques: Satire, "Lenin"a, Bernard "marx", Hypnopeadic phrases. Effect: shows Humanity "In the wild" be considering values of responder; fear of totalitarian governments in Europe: Italy/Germany for example were apparently (don't say apparently in the exam but I do not like history at all and have to rely on what I read around here :p, don't know if it's 100% true) concerns for responder .

Example: BR

Nature is absent but still valued, technique: "Is that a real snake?" "Do you think I'd be working in a place like this if I could afford a real snake?" Effect: A good comparison between BR/BNW showing that although there is a similar theme of humanity's disconnection with nature, in BR it is used to reflect the values of an 80s responder (Concerns about the destruction of nature/Pollution etc..) while in BNW it reflects 30s (Technological developments>marginalisation of Nature_

I don't know. Basically, consider that each text explore similar themes, but why and how they do this is built upon the values of the contexts each text were written in.

Hatta

HSC
dolbinau said:
Nature is absent but still valued, technique: "Is that a real snake?" "Do you think I'd be working in a place like this if I could afford a real snake?"
Also for BR, the recognition that the absence of nature is a negative thing:
"A chance to begin again in a golden land of opportunity and adventure. Let's go to the colonies!" - the blimp ad. I thought I'd add on, it could be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)