Vent about exam time here (1 Viewer)

ALLLICE

HSC
Exams suck. Mine are on a Saturday and a Friday.

I go to the library in a bid to study. It's full. So I've been exiled to the SAM building and I swear they have the air con on :(

...and I remember those first few weeks when I enjoyed uni...

*sigh* ='(

Join in and whinge with me!!

X

xeuyrawp

ALLLICE said:
Exams suck. Mine are on a Saturday and a Friday.

I go to the library in a bid to study. It's full. So I've been exiled to the SAM building and I swear they have the air con on :(

...and I remember those first few weeks when I enjoyed uni...

*sigh* ='(

Join in and whinge with me!!
Find an empty tute room.

Or wait around someone's space for 15 minutes, and when they don't come back, throw their shit on the floor and take it.

P

pLuvia

It's worse than the HSC timetable :(

Three exams in a row next week :( But then my worse and most boring exam this friday :p Can't wait to get it over and done with

T

trolloutaface

My exams are pretty spread out. Had one today, 3 more left :eek:

today's one was easy as imo. sociology - bullshit your way.

Last edited by a moderator:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh how i would have loved to have stuvac this year

ALLLICE

HSC
trolloutaface said:
My exams are pretty spread out. Had one today, 3 more left :eek:

today's one was easy as imo. sociology - bullshit your way.
sociology exam? for soc175?? I'm doing that one on the 22nd :D I skipped soo many lectures for soc :(

Last edited:

sukiyaki

emptiness
HSC
im sick god damnit best time to get sick. *rants*

and it does not help that i have 3 exams in a row (2 on thursday and 1 on friday)

HSC
N/A
awwww poor thing :( Get well soon!

My exam rant: Who the hell decided to put musical auditions in the first week of the exams?!

H?

buddy
HSC
Friday, Wed and Thu for me and I'm so underprepared :(

I need to pass this sem, this should be my last :/

Tabris

HSC
I am sick, my nose is stuffed, coughing etc...

I had two take-homes on firday 2000 word and 4000 word, dropped in both today and have a test tomorrow arvo. I do not like the guilt of handing take-homes.....

Luckily i ahve five FULL days after tomorrows exam to deal with another one.

HSC
N/A
Massive sympathies to those who are feeling unwell, I was sick all through my end-of-semester assessments last year and it was awful :( I think I'm pushing sick myself slightly, although keeping it mostly at bay by being neurotic about drinking water and keeping warm.

Having effectively 'done' two assessments today I thought I'd give myself tonight off, but what happens? After basically refusing to work properly for the past week my mind has decided it's too serious a time to be slagging off, so now I can't sleep for worrying about my cul302 thing due on friday :p *insert swear words here*

^___^
HSC
wtf, you are complaining for a friday saturday exam?
i got 2 this saturday! :mad:

as for tute rooms/study area, stay the fuck away from e6a comp labs, its bad enough when non-computiing people come in with laptops and waste the resources on stuff like Counter strike + DoTA..its even worst if you come in and disturb other ppl by calling all your friends in and have a chat..

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Oh, sorry bout that jmmy, the media computers are mac you see, not really made for games :p

hannahxxx

HSC
Is this for purely venting about exams if they're at a shit time of the day or just for people who are generally pissed off? Ahhh well I'm trying to deal with my mas104 exam- I haveta remember specific authors of specific readings and I'm finding it hard. Intense sympathies for ppl who're sick-i've got the flu too and its horrible.

lcf

man. nature. technology.
HSC
lukcily i have only one exam on this saturday - but like the person above, media exam, have to remember theories and quotes from authors which sucks

HOWEVER - before you say - bastard one exam, i just had to hand in two assessments yesterdays and major work last week - so I had to have big chunks (up to 50%) handed in last week - so I won't know for even longe what my outcome is...

I remember a discussion with Sue Spinks (writing lady) that the exam system is so flawed at MQ - it's done by numbers, not subject - so if a course has 40 people, they might push it off to the end, reglardless if those 40 people aredoing hardcore essays - which then have to be marked in a matter of days and so on...

Oh well - for me it could be worse but it still hasn't been fun - i'm just glad this semester is almost at an end - it's teasing me now

ALLLICE

HSC
hannahxxx said:
Is this for purely venting about exams if they're at a shit time of the day or just for people who are generally pissed off?
Vent about anything exam related to your heart's content! (by venting about exam time I meant to complain about this shitty time of year)

This is the longest 2 weeks ever *cry*... but I know there are a lot of ppl far worse off than me- I'm just a whinger!

Oh, and someone mentioned stuvac I think? Did we used to get a stuvac for exams??! cos thats shit if they took it away from us...grr..

rozymisty

HSC
I had one yesterday afternoon, then got a really hard one on Friday morning, I hate 8.30am exams, esp this fri one. Coz its worth 70%! STupd coorodinator doesnt organise a mid-semester exam. Its for bioscience 3, and i did it last year in sem1 and i failed, coz i didnt do any study, so I have to do it again, but if i fail this one again, I have to come back next yr and totally muck up me being able to graduate at the end of this year.
The one on saturday will be hard coz i wont have much time to study, its all about evidence based practice in nursing-kinda boring, more useful as a 1st yr rather than last year unit.
Then i have an exam on Wed next wk which should be fairly easy, being multichoice and a relatively easy unit.

do you prefer having a mid semester and end of semester exam or just doing one big exam at the end? i prefer mid and end semester.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
This message is authorised by: Mary Sharp, Director, IT Services

As part of ongoing work being undertaken by the IT Services group to introduce
gmail to Macquarie University students a scheduled outage of the student email
system will occur at:

9:00AM to 11:00AM Thursday 14 June

More schedules and details will be posted in the near future. Information about
gmail is available at http://www.its.mq.edu.au/studserv/gmail.html

Regards,

IT Services
thanks for notifiying us mq. but is a little late notice and there's no point in even trying to email our lecturers about tomorrow arvo exams is there?!

do they not take into account exams? remember when they wanted to take webct offline just before or during exams and then changed their mind, maybe because of complaints?

many more petty complaints will be coming to this thread over the next week!

i also feel sorry for everyone who is sick :( :( get better guys

Kegs

HSC
WTF!!! They are retarded. I would punch them all in the face right now, if I could. But I cant feel my hands as they are spending all the time outside my jumper trying to type, poorly. IT is that shitest of the shit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)