• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Very broad essay questions. (1 Viewer)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
How does everyone feel about them? Personally I hate them, when you read it, you're flooded with all the possible content and you're unsure of how in depth you should go.

Also, it doesn't distinguish the good economics students with the bad because both will have to skim over everything to include all the points.

And, because I'm such a slow writer I probably won't end up finishing on time.

Scissors

HSC
Yeah, I don't like them either. Specific questions give you a starting point, which always helps.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Yeah, I mean something like 'Discuss the impacts of Inflation on income inequality and unemployment' will test your ability to link different issues to one another and really answer the question in detail. Something like 'Discuss the policy options available to government in achieving their objectives' is just a bitch.

Scissors

HSC
But then again, they could be good because you can go off on weird tangents, which helps you to write more.

HSC
All economics questions are fucking broad. One thing leads to another leads to another.

danz90

HSC
veloc1ty said:
All economics questions are fucking broad. One thing leads to another leads to another.
lol i agree

i usually have a plan in my head of how im going to structure the response, before i start writing. but eventually, i start going off into other directions (which also address the question, but didn't strike me initially), since economics involves a whole lot of linkages between concepts. So things just keep flowing.....

BackCountrySnow

HSC
veloc1ty said:
hence the title: Very broad essay questions

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
btw...thoose exemplar responses are not written in exam time....orr mayb wait i should word it better...they are written in exaggerated time...like 1 hour nd a few minutes for each essay. which is just ridcualousyly stuipdddddd...i kno...because i kno the guy that wrote them :)

Q2C-ME

2SUS
HSC
CaptainNemo said:
they're not usually an issue if i do a quick plan beforehand. i must say though that when you get a question about the importance of trade agreements with examples and you have no idea how many they want, after NAFTA, SAFTA and half a dozen others you're still wondering if you have enough. that bugs me, they're basically asking for listing.
yer ur right...jst appriviate reigons and add FTA
e.g.
BAFTA
*bankstown and auburn free trade agreement *

jkz people...thiers always that one that writes it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)