Vet Interviews (1 Viewer)

JasminB

HSC
Hey...

I didn't know there were interviews?? I applied also, i sent in the internal application thing.. but i yeah, had no idea there were interviews.. if there are I haven't had one. =/

Emma_Kate

HSC
there aren't interviews lol so breath people!
just the application and then you'll find out. hope all went well!

JasminB

HSC
Oh lol okay yeah i didn't think there were interviews.. but it's all good, I got offered a place at UQ which was my first preference =].. so excited! but i have to move all the way from Sydney =/.. Are you studying vetsci at JCU? how is it??

Emma_Kate

HSC
congrads on the uq offer! I'm going into my 2nd year at JCU and it's amazing! I'm from sydney too so i have to admit moving up to queensland was a bit scary, but it turned out to be the best thing ever. I live @ a college too so its heaps of fun.

I think the best thing about JCU is that because its a new course, we have all new equipment, our stockyards for all the large animals a minutes walk from our lecutre theatres and our new hospital should be finished really soon - but its good as well, because even though its a new course, JCU have had a postgraduate veterinary faculty for over 30 years so we have some really good resources as well. Kinda the best of both worlds lol

I have some awesome friends who do vet @ uq and love it, so i'm sure you'll have an awesome time!
I just came home from the australiasian veterinary students conference in melbourne and it was a total blast! so you should come to next years (in perth) and i'll see you there! Good luck starting uni and welcome to the vet profession!

JasminB

HSC
JCU sure sounds like a great place to study the course =]. They have conferences for students? Wow that sounds so awesome!! I am so there!
I really hope the course turns out to be everything I'm hoping it to be, I've worked so hard and long just to get in, and not to mention the move! But as you say it turned out to be the best thing, I'm so scared about not knowing anyone and living in unfamiliar territory >.<, but looking forward to the adventure at the same time =]

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of your study too.. I might see you at the next conference,
Jasmin =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)