Veterinary Science!!! (1 Viewer)

sb22

HSC
I just got the results for my STAT test - I got over 150 which is the minimum to be eligible for Vet. Science at USyd, but it isn't all that high.

On the USyd website, it just says, "Applicants must achieve a STAT result of least 150/200 to be considered for an offer." but does it mean that the higher result you get, the more chance you have of being given an offer, or you just have to get over 150?

ALSO
how much work experience have people done for "Commitment to Vet. Science"?

akster

fishbowl
HSC
hmm, well i'm interested in Vet Science for next year too, and i've got over 150 STAT, just wondering the same thing... is it just work experience from year 10 or something, or something much more??

Doomah

HSC
150 is a hurdle. once you are over that it will depend on UAI and interview

akster

fishbowl
HSC
interview? isn't that only for UMAT?, would anyone here be willing to go to another uni besides Sydney to do Vet Science??

akster

fishbowl
HSC
have you started your work experience?! and stat is needed (Go to UAC)

sb22

HSC
hey akster I actually did my work experience last holidays for a week!
actually... i only survived 4 days.
it was pretty cool, i watched a male and also a female dog desexing and a couple of dental surgeries but for the most part, it was cleaning and alot of standing around.

Also, insurance was a bitch. It set me back $120 for three months (minimum time). None of the twenty-something vets I called had insurance for me so I had to organise that myself too sigh...

But yeah, the blood and faeces didn't put me off as much as I thought it would.
I can still see myself as a vet in the future :)

akster

fishbowl
HSC
awww yay!!! yep i had work experience today, 3 hours alternate saturdays and i basically do what you did... its really tiring tho!! today we had 12 birds, a chicken, 2 cats and a bearded dragon! thats what i love about it, its always different and you keep on learning!! I can''t find the form on the website for the application, is it there yet? And to answer your question, i've probably done work experience for around 2 months and a bit so far! =)

Last edited:

IntoTheFire

HSC
Has anyone done the aplication yet... it was kinda weird some of the procedures were a little basic.... fitting a flat collar? go figure, Lol

I did my work experience in the school work expereicne I thought it was pretty cool. Um with my form In also put down experience I had on my uncle's farm and with my riding lessons.

and there is no interview for Vet science sydney right? I only thought there were interviews at Charles Sturt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)