Victoria bans the iPhone (1 Viewer)

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
from being used as a GPS.

iTWire - Australian state bans driving with phone GPS

"A phone will only be allowed to be used for its primary purpose," a VicRoads spokeswoman said in a telephone interview with The Age newspaper. "If it's a phone, it's a phone.”
Because it's still 1995 amirite??

The nanny state... it's growing...

Edit:
Here's a copy of the law in NSW (it's now illegal in all states):
Current NSW Road Rule 300

300 Use of mobile phones by drivers (except holders of learner or provisional P1 licences)

(1) The driver of a vehicle (except an emergency vehicle or police vehicle) must not use a mobile phone that the driver is holding in his or her hand while the vehicle is moving, or is stationary but not parked, unless the driver is exempt from this rule under another law of this jurisdiction.

Maximum penalty: 20 penalty units.

Note: "Emergency vehicle", "park" and "police vehicle" are defined in the Dictionary.

(1-1) Subrule (1) does not apply to the driver of a vehicle who is the holder of a learner licence or provisional P1 licence.

Note: "Learner licence" is defined in the Act, and "provisional P1 licence" is defined in the Dictionary.

Note: Rule 300-1 places restrictions on the use of mobile phones, whether or not held in the hand, by the holder of a learner licence or provisional P1 licence.

Note: This subrule is an additional NSW subrule. There is no corresponding subrule in rule 300 of the Australian Road Rules .

(2) In this rule:

"mobile phone" does not include a CB radio or any other two-way radio.

"use", in relation to a mobile phone, includes the following:

(a) holding the phone to, or near, the ear (whether or not engaged in a phone call),

(b) writing, sending or reading a text message on the phone,

(c ) turning the phone on or off,

(d) operating any other function of the phone.
I think it's ok to use it in a cradle but I can't confirm.

Last edited:

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
if a phone is just a phone, what's this 3.2 MP camera doing?

*rips it off*

but srsly, driving and talking/txting is bad, driving with gps is allowed, using an iphone as a gps MAY get distracting.
i dunno, it shouldnt be banned imo

yuri_gagarin

Banned
HSC
more like its a small touchscreen computer with the capability to make calls lol fucking backwards victorians

its also illegal in nsw

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)