video pplz (1 Viewer)

this is it

HSC
N/A
ok

ok u ppl have taken this a little too far, theres no need to get so worked up over something like this Lin and monkey whatver your name is lol..... what i submitted in my final piece was entirely my work, i am not the son of whoever televators said, i am merely a hsc student stressing over the hsc just as much as anyone else who endevoured the ext two course. Perhaps if u were not so narrow minded to see that Lin you would realise that i am just pissing u off for a laugh, if u spent half the time replying to my letters that u do studying then u would not even need ur extension two marks... get my drift..... ur obsessing over a stupid post. i agree with u, i dont think anyone has the right to submit work that is not rightfully theres however the nature of the course unfortunately allows people to manipulate the system and i know for a fact that this occurs at certain schools. I will also admit that whilst i did not hire an "editing company" i did seek the assistance of a friend to assist me in the editing process because i simply did not have the resources or the knowledge of how to satisfactorily edit what i wanted. This is not to say i sacrificed what i wanted for what he could manage. I was next to him evry step of the way telling how i wanted each scene and each effect and yes, it is a lengthy process and it did open my eyes in admiration for the editors of today, something i noted in my reflection statement. However i am merely pointing out that the downfall of this subject, because of its scope and width, allows ppl to manipulate the system. Just imagine if what i said actually happened, it wouldnt be too hard for someone to manipulate the system would it? I mean we had like 10 4u classes all year and in this time he simply allowed us to "research" our assignments. This is not to say that evry school resembles mine, but that if it is occuring at my school then i could imagine it occuring somewhere else. Surely Lin u must be educated enough to realise what i am trying to say. Whilst the editing process is an extremely important contingent if the movie making process, it is the director wo is responsible for what we see on our screens and it is his views projected.

I wish u the best of luck in ur HSC as well as ur endevours in ur movie making process to all who read this, feel free to reply

all the best

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Gah! I knew I shouldn't have gotten involved in this convo...

But I don't agree with you that you can work the ee2 system. Getting a friend to help is one thing (it's actually encouraged by the course, because you're learning from them etc.) but doing none of the work yourself is just plain stupid. It actually probably makes it harder for yourself, because you still have to write the journals and the reflection statements and stuff, and if the markers see a thousand-dollar production up on screen they're going to know that something's up, consult your journals, and see that it doesn't quite fit (meaning you get 0.). I think the course is fairly well set-up that way - even if you cheat, you still have to put in the effort to try to hide the fact that you're cheating, which means that you might as well do it yourself in the first place.

And, uh, sorry bout those thigns I said about you. I guess I was wrong (although if anyone else actually IS in that position, my comments are now directed towards you ;))

televators

HSC
hahhaha- yeah, our joke has finished... yeah guys, 'this is it'- did do a film that was 100% his idea, and an excellent film might I add!

However, there was a girl in our class who apparently has just nicked a script from NIDA an handed it in- this is what we heard, and our gutless teachers didnt take any action- this chick had no drafts or anything to prove it was hers- and when asked about a copy on her computer- has 'conveniently only typed it up once and never saved it- pretty sus?

Its gonna suck for the other 5 of us in our class if she gets a higher mark for utter plagiarism- for while there is a chance she'll get caught... there's an even greater chance that she found some unknown director with a brilliant script- and wont get caught

- L1n -

HSC
televators said:
hahhaha- yeah, our joke has finished... yeah guys, 'this is it'- did do a film that was 100% his idea, and an excellent film might I add!

However, there was a girl in our class who apparently has just nicked a script from NIDA an handed it in- this is what we heard, and our gutless teachers didnt take any action- this chick had no drafts or anything to prove it was hers- and when asked about a copy on her computer- has 'conveniently only typed it up once and never saved it- pretty sus?

Its gonna suck for the other 5 of us in our class if she gets a higher mark for utter plagiarism- for while there is a chance she'll get caught... there's an even greater chance that she found some unknown director with a brilliant script- and wont get caught

well even if its a joke, i merely put my thouight on the lines assuming u were a fuking cheat lol, but yeh i'm sure all of u can agree, who ever pays = lost losers. But half the shit u said man was crap lol. Anyways they finished marking 4 unit, pressure is on i wanna know my mark.lol

this is it

HSC
N/A
lol dun apologise monkey dude i woulda dun the same thing in ur situation, we were jus hving a bit of fun lol.. and televators my movie was not excellent it sucked lol, but i guess we will soon find out eh, but i must admit the course was a fun and challenging one but it does hv its downfalls............... all the best evry1 in ur exams

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
It was a pretty long running joke. I remember reading this thread yonks ago.

liamduncan

televators said:

Hmmm
that sounds an awful lot like my class....

this is it

HSC
N/A
now that name, liam duncan, it does sound familiar hehehe........ let us cast our minds back to good ol ext 1 and 2 with our un named friend who used to encourage us to teach each other rather than he teach the course himself................. hey we should thank the bored team cause they are who provided him with the notes heheheh
good luck friday pplz

televators

HSC
lol, original name Liam...

your story was top notch- 50/50 stuff, seriously

frazzle

HSC
good work with the joke guys! even though I missed it...

do people actually hire editing companies though? =\

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
some do. I actually help run a production company (see my sig) and there were people who attempted to hire us for their 4U film....

naturally because i was a 4U student this year and they were trying, i put my foot down and disallowed it... but that was after the head of the company did a lot for that person.

elegantly_patty

Concrete boots...
HSC
well im not a north shore resident and i want to use a editing company.... our school doesnt have the film studio facilities but i think the uni next door does (raises eyebrow at miraculous idea) its not a matter of money and where you reside dont become classist and use typical prejudice to insult people its cliche... anyhow!!! i think if you are willing to go to the lengths of putting full effort into this "one unit" then why not! just like you put effort into your other units! the higher the expectations and goals you have set the less you're willing to let yourself discourage your ideas...
anyhow anyone have any good references for any audiovisual companies and costume hire? i looked in the yellow ages but before scaring myself out of a budget i'd figure i'd ask anyone whose already paid so i can prepare myself for prices. =)

P.S
nice jokes lol stirred things up i wrote the above before reading the 2nd page rofl...
nice one 'this is it' and 'televator' hope you guys have fun... left quite a ummm wouldnt call it legacy more like a mark in the film thread... lol anyhow best of luck to you people finishing this yr 2004! wish me luck for the HSC in 2005 :D

Last edited:

veridis

droog
HSC
seriously with all the software around if you have a decent computer you'll get damn fine results from home. its more actualy shooting the thing that i'm worried about screwing up. costumes are looking expensive for me too. have all but one of my characters being a llama or camel(a la toyota ad camel man) at some stage so not sure what i gunna do there

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
EP, the issue isn't the cost involved (because you can make a brilliant film on a $0 budget), or even using the facilities of an editing company. It's more the idea of rich people paying a director/producer/editor to basically make the film for them. For one thing it's not allowed in the course (it has to be 100% your own work) and another it's just stupid.

elegantly_patty

Concrete boots...
HSC
in those cases u do know that u are suppose to get those producers/editors etc to send a letter to the board explaining to them that they are your mentor! lol

VonDavis

(",) ..... *'\_/'*
HSC
Hey just a quick Video Question ..... Are you able to do a timeline of Someone's life? I want to do my My Step-Dad's Life because he is 50 this year and it would be so cool to do. It would have a story to it i.e. Memories and sarcifices. So can anyone tell me if it is a good idea to do that or is it completely off the syllabus?

taxman

make poverty
HSC
VonDavis said:
Hey just a quick Video Question ..... Are you able to do a timeline of Someone's life? I want to do my My Step-Dad's Life because he is 50 this year and it would be so cool to do. It would have a story to it i.e. Memories and sarcifices. So can anyone tell me if it is a good idea to do that or is it completely off the syllabus?
You can do absolutely whatever you want as long as it's your own work and fits into the 6 - 8 minute time limit. Personally, I think it could be a good idea, but it all depends on your execution of it. I suggest talking to your teacher/mentor about it and then deciding from there on what to do. Good luck.

milrock

HSC
so what are say the top 5 editting programs for a video do u think....

milrock

HSC
and do they allow u to do special effects and credits and shit like that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)