Virginia Tech Shootings (Merged) (1 Viewer)

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
They don't need that much intelligence to decide whether they are capable of handing a gun.

Why do you assume that people are just going to carry guns without knowing how to use them?
I dont assume that. I'm sure there are a number of persons who do carry guns who do know how to use them. I said it is wrong to assume that everyone who does carry a gun is intelligent (as you asserted all people who carry guns must be) and knows how to use a gun.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
wheredanton said:
iamsickofyear12 said:
They don't need that much intelligence to decide whether they are capable of handing a gun.

I dont assume that. I'm sure there are a number of persons who do carry guns who do know how to use them. I said it is wrong to assume that everyone who does carry a gun is intelligent (as you asserted all people who carry guns must be) and knows how to use a gun.
I meant 'intelligent enough.' So how many people do you think carry guns and don't know how to use them? How many of those people would actually use the gun they carried?

You're just looking for anything to support your 'guns are bad' theory. 30 people getting killed is bad too.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
that guy is one f***ed up, deranged nuthead. he reckons popping 32 randoms and his ex on the basis that they are 'rich' is justified? i hope that bullet put some sense into his head.

oh wait, he's dead.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
This event says as much about gun control, as the next ramraid or hit-and-run would say about banning everybody's cars, move on ...

stazi

Nightman
HSC
It is incredibly sad. My uni played against them in Gridiron, whilst I was in the US. We laughed at their dance. They do the hokie pokie when they score. I laughed. Now I feel bad. Actually, their laugh is still pretty funny.

I also remember that their classes were cancelled around August for a day or two as some deranged escaped convict was loose in the town.

Sparcod

Hello!
HSC
Re: Virginia Tech Shootings

I've read some of them. Here are some noteworthy quotes:
"Thanks to you, I die like Jesus Christ"
"You made me do this" (last words)

So he obviously sent this to NBC so that the whole world could understand his motives and his problems.

God bless his and his victims' families. 32 innocent lives lost.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

I half expected him to say "GOSH!" at the end.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC

Interesting how pre-planned this was.

Taking photos of exactly 30 bullets 5 by 6, taking photos of himself, checking the room two or three times before shooting, writing his rant before he delivered it (pretty obvious from the video).. etc

iamsickofyear12

HSC

I think all this proves that not being able to legally buy a gun wouldn't have stopped him.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC

Or, that not having a gun readily available to him would have at the very least made it more difficult for him to do what he did.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Or, that not having a gun readily available to him would have at the very least made it more difficult for him to do what he did.
I don't have a gun readily available to me but if I wanted to I could get one in a couple days and I am not a psychopath motivated by a desire to kill 30 people.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC

I think this is just a case of the guy having a dark personality. We all know these people - attracted to the violent and macabre and possessing suicidal tendencies. Some are worse than others. Of course gun laws would minimise these occurrences but you can't blame anyone short of blaming "society".

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

If guns are so easy to obtain despite Australia's laws, why is it that there are basically no school shootings here (maybe even none- none that I know of anyway)? There are stabbings, but often people don't die.

Obviously there are probably other issues which influence this, though, so what do you think they are?

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC

Nebuchanezzar said:
Cause guns are the only way to kill people

Nails + Ammonia Nitrate + Diesel

gracie007

HSC

i swear there hasnt been a clear motive yet that hes announced

_dhj_

-_-
HSC

mr_brightside said:
Cause guns are the only way to kill people

Nails + Ammonia Nitrate + Diesel
Yeah but then you'd be labelled as a "terrorist" rather than a murderer.

iamsickofyear12

HSC

dagwoman said:
If guns are so easy to obtain despite Australia's laws, why is it that there are basically no school shootings here (maybe even none- none that I know of anyway)? There are stabbings, but often people don't die.

Obviously there are probably other issues which influence this, though, so what do you think they are?
I think it's a cultural thing.

Even the culture in America is changing. These kind of massacres are more common now than ever before and guns have always been just as available.

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A

tamaranadine said:
the funniest thing ever was the gun shop owners response.

He thinks we need MORE guns in american schools.

hmmm...

yeah right thats the answer...?
Sadly, that's been the main argument of many posters in previous deleted threads.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)