Visual Arts 2009 BOW (1 Viewer)

sofiztk8ed

HSC
Dont think about it too much. its meant to be something which is creative and which you have done yourself so just take a break from thinking about it too much and it will conjure itself up in ur mind. Think bout things you like, artists you admire and it should be fine. It will sort itself out if you give it a chance, but remember, as soon as you know, make no hesitation in starting ASAP because its a big process and ur bound to come across adversities along the way.

Hatta

HSC
What sofiztk8ed said, and you're also likely to get halfway finished on one idea, only to decide that it's horrid, horrid, horrid nonsense that you hate and you'll want to start again and then panic that you don't have time to do anything good.
Really, anything can be made into interesting subject material. So try to avoid the freakouts (haha, impossible) and mind-changing, especially in the last month or two.

With enough preparation, you can be one of the rare ones who gets to sit back and laugh at other people having panic attacks and neglecting study to get their change-of-idea working.

DaveYoung

Awesome
HSC
Pick a really simple idea and medium.

People in our year picked printing in our year and the preparation time made it hard for them.

If you can draw, then do that.

China Doll

HSC
Sweetheart I had several students within my art class who left their bodies of work to the proverbial "last minute". Within the last few months or so (perhaps even weeks) they produced a series of works which I concede were nothing special, and they scored 39/50 within the internal assessment (+ my teacher is a senior marker) - what I'm trying to say most inarticulately is DON'T WORRY - you have time! Think quite seriously about what you'd like to do and don't be afraid to experiment with your ideas! YOU HAVE TIME!

chamelia

HSC
Really, you can do anything in the world. It does not have to even have a deep subject focus. You can just make pictures that are aesthetically pleasing for you - then explain them as 'an exploration of line' or 'experimenting with colour theory' ...

Anything goes as long as you put effort into the finished product and can justify it with a few words.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)