• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

visual arts scaling and top uai mark? (1 Viewer)

anyscope

HSC
All right, so i'm probably going to drop Physics for Visual Arts. Stupid, I know.

Anyways, I want to know how good/bad visual arts scales, because I'm guessing not to well. Also I'd like to know what my maximum ATAR would be if I went well (90%+) in these subjects:

-Visual Arts
-General Maths
-Software Design & Development
-Music 1
-Adv. English

-MAYBE Music ext.

Anyways, if someone could answer me those, it would be REALLY awesome. Thanks :)

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
All right, so i'm probably going to drop Physics for Visual Arts. Stupid, I know.

Anyways, I want to know how good/bad visual arts scales, because I'm guessing not to well. Also I'd like to know what my maximum ATAR would be if I went well (90%+) in these subjects:

-Visual Arts
-General Maths
-Software Design & Development
-Music 1
-Adv. English

-MAYBE Music ext.

Anyways, if someone could answer me those, it would be REALLY awesome. Thanks :)
personally dont choose it unless u cn get >96% for every assessment

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Don't listen to zazzy - she has no idea what she's talking about, with regards to anything.

If you truly enjoy Visual Arts, and do well in it, it's better than not liking Physics and doing shit in it. Admittedly, VA doesn't 'scale' too well, however, you'd do better with something you enjoy.

The guy who's coming second in my grade at a Top 10 school does 4U English, 2U Maths, Ancient History and Visual Arts. He'll probably get a state rank for 2U, 3U and 4U English, and Visual Arts, and his estimated ATAR at the Trials was 99.90.

So it's possible to get the top ATAR if you do well in all your subjects.

absorber

HSC
Yeah VA doesn't scale as well as physics but choose subjects based on what you enjoy and what your strengths are, you can get 99.95 ATAR with basically any selection

Last edited:

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah VA doesn't scale as well as physics but choose subjects based on what you enjoy and what your strengths are, you can get 100 ATAR with basically any selection
you mean 99.95 ATAR. haha.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)