Visual text for Changing Self... (1 Viewer)

Jazzalyn

HSC
Hey!

I need suggestions for a visual text I can use for the topic Changing Self. I would prefer an artwork or something like that because I cannot analyse films. (I'm serious!)

~Jazzalyn.~

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I'm not sure if I can recall any specific one but I've heard Leunig cartoons are pretty good for changing self. I think there's one where this dude cracks out of a shell and walks out the door. A few days later he comes back and tapes himself inside the egg shell again. It's like "The Door" in the stimulus booklet.

Jazzalyn

HSC
m0ofin said:
I'm not sure if I can recall any specific one but I've heard Leunig cartoons are pretty good for changing self. I think there's one where this dude cracks out of a shell and walks out the door. A few days later he comes back and tapes himself inside the egg shell again. It's like "The Door" in the stimulus booklet.
Thanks...I'll see if I can Google it. Either that or I might do a film review...even though I can't actually do them!

Jazzalyn

steph francis

HSC
that cartoon sounds good...i've looked around but i cant find it anywhere. do you know a website or book where i can get a copy of it?

thanks alot

Jonas64

HSC
Can you compare two artworks like they did in the stimulus booklet? I would so do Gordon Bennett's "What did you do in the nuclear war?" thing for changing worlds or perspective but I can never find a copy of either the original (I think it was a WWI propaganda poster) or Bennett's. Does anybody know where I can find them or can upload them?

sleepy syndrome

HSC
N/A
This may seem really irrevelant to this thread...but does anybody have any notes on "The Door" by Miroslav Holub?
Very confused about the poem and need help!

emca

HSC
edvard munch (spelling is questionable) "the sream" it is the realisation of the futility of existence. You will find lots of good analysis on the net for the painting, better than I could do. but to help you link it to change, it is the moment of realisation that our existance is futile there is no point to life or something like that. Look, the analysis you find wont specifically refer to change but when you get a grasp of the key idea behind the painting you can manipulate the meaning towards change. More importantly it has techniques that are easy to understand like the way the face has been distorted (changed from the normal shape of a face that demonstrates the horror of the realistaion.) also it is postmodern I think teachers like postmodern because they all studied that at uni even some of the really old teachers.

AshleyMay

HSC
i didnt think of paintings....good 1...thanks heaps!!
doing visual rep is the hardest...we cnt have palm cards only an a4 visual aid....sucks ass

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)